- Chapter 1 -

**her outfit above**
——————————
-Aleks pov

"Come on, we've got to go before the park gets too packed, it is a Saturday you know." My best friend, skate partner, and dance partner, Melena, yelled at me. I was ready the whole time, I just couldn't choose a board.

"Can I take my favorite three and see which one works best today? Pleeease?" I begged of her to let me.

"Oh my god, Al. Go the fuck ahead." She said chuckling, then grabbing her keys and her skateboard, along with one of mine. We carried the skateboards to the car and packed up. We brought food, mainly because we always get hungry at the skate park, and we brought extra bottles of water as well. It was about a twenty to thirty minute drive to the skate park, so we listened to music and sang along the whole ride.

Once we got there it was about 11 am. Yes it was early and I didn't understand why this group of guys was always here around the same time as us, which was extra early. Only one of them was really a skater. The other guys just hung out with him. We've never spoken but two of them are always watching us.

"Mel, give me supreme!" I nicknamed my skateboards with whatever the design is on the board.

"One supreme skateboard coming right up." She replies with a smile, grabbing hers and mine. She handed me mine and we went straight for it. We never wore padding or anything which I know is dangerous but I can take the pain. You should see the marks and bruises and scars from learning what I have.

We went a couple rounds and took a break. The blonde guy that is genuinely a skater, took over once we cleared for about twenty minutes as we planned. I was watching him do tricks for about ten minutes. He fell a couple times which were indeed just minor scrapes. I was about to go in and introduce myself, maybe compete against him to see who's better. That was until he fell. Again. His friends weren't paying attention and he seemed to be just lying there as I told Mel to keep eating and whatever and I went over to check on blondie.

"Hey, are you o-," I realized he was just staring at the sky. His brown eyes met mine and he sat up, "i was going to say okay, but you look fine."

"Yea, sorry I'm fine. I was just zoned out a bit." He replied, a bit of shakiness in his voice.

"Everyone knows that 'I'm fine' is the worst in the mood book." I let out a tiny chuckle and he did the same. "Come sit." I ran up the skate bowl and sat at the edge.

He followed and sat next to me. "I'm Austin, what's your name?" He flashed a small smile in my direction.

"I'm Aleks, but it's not spelled as it sounds I promise you that." I smiled back.

"Not many people can keep promises anymore, are you one of the few that can?" He put his arms behind him to hold himself up.

"I've never broken a promise, and that's a fact." I replied.

He looked my in the eyes, he looked broken. I wanted to help this poor guy. When I looked in his eyes I could almost feel the hurt. Deep, but true.

"Would you sir, like to be my friend?" I smiled wide like a five year old. If I can do anything to help this poor damned soul, I will do so.

He looked at his friends for a minute and I looked over as well, realizing they were staring at our every move. He turned back to me and smiled. "Why not." He replied with a smile.

I ran over to the car without another word to get my phone.

"What was that about?" Mel asked me but i was in a rush realizing I didn't say anything before I ran.

"I'll answer that later." I smiled at her.

I found my phone in the cup holder and ran back over to him. He had walked back to his friends by now. I walked up to the group and they all froze, except for Austin. "Forgot to do something" I smiled at Him and handed him my phone with 'new contact' already pulled up. I watched him type in his name and number and hit done. He handed me my phone back and smiled at me. I waved at him and walked back over to Mel's car. We decided to skate some more then go home, and we did so.

——————————