Priorities

~Secrets of a Prussian Witch~

Warning/Disclaimer:

I don't own Hetalia and its characters. It just seems entertaining to merely play with them a little.

Chapter 3: Priorities

"What are you doing here? How did you get in, I locked the door." Julchen asked the newcomer, genuinely curious.

"I wanted to apologize. For two days ago. And I picked the lock, sorry."

"It's alright. I wanted to say sorry too, Mattie. I got mad at you for no reason." Julchen picked the dropper up and placed it on the wooden table.

"What're you cooking down here?" Matthew asked, moving closer. He took in the blue color and frowned. "Or rather, why are you brewing this? The Malforta Potion."

Julchen sighed and faced the boy. He's just as good at potions as she is, like a sophmore year version of Julchen. She moved around the wooden table and stood right in front of Matthew, effectively blocking the cauldron. "That...is none of your business. Now, if you'll excuse me." She was about to return to her work when the Canadian caught her wrist.

"What's it for? Some sick revenge?" Matthew's suspicious, Julchen can tell. She sneered and tugged her wrist from the teenage boy. "None. Of. Your. Fucking. Business. Go home, or I might do something very bad to you, Mattie." Julchen wasn't mad at Matthew. It's natural to be suspicious of your friend after seeing that she's brewing some illegal weakness potion in her lab. She hates threatening the boy, but there was no choice.

"What? Force some potion down my throat?"

"I couldn't do that even if I tried!"

"Just give me an answer. Who is that for? And judging by phoenix tears, you're planning on making it permanent. I gave you that book when we were in the library because I thought you had a gift, and you do Julchen! Even after you asked about this potion, I thought you were only curious! I didn't suspect anything about you even if it was thrust infront of my damn face because I trust you!" Matthew yelled. "I guess I was wrong..."

Julchen bit the inside of her cheek. Should she say the truth? That this is all for her, that she wasn't meaning to hurt anyone. But then she'll have to reveal her powers. Her awful, awful gift. A curse, more likely. A curse she can't control.

"I-it's-it's for-"

Matthew waited patiently, crossing his arms over his chest and tapping his foot. Julchen gulped.

"It's for you."

Matthew spluttered, "Wh-what?"

"You, think you're clever with your invisibility 'gift'. You're no better than non-magical folk! Ha! Don't make me laugh." Julchen faked her laugh as she watched Matthew bite his lip as he tried not to feel. It broke her heart. That's not true, she really admired him. How he always uses his powers for games and tricks. He always makes her laugh. She should've cherished those moments more, now that it will never happen again. Not after what she said.

"You think so? Well, bye then, Julie." then he vanished. Julchen sighed, she'll cry later. Now, the potion. "Five phoenix tears." She could use her own tears for this.

She added the ingredients and stirred five times as told. "Next week, it'll be ready."

~=~=~=~=~=~=~

School was worse than Julchen had expected. She exchanged seats with Françoise, at least Matthew actually turned up all week. But what really broke her was that he didn't even acknowledge her presence.