Chapter 2.

"Taylor, honey wake up." my mom says. 

Ugh. No. Not school already. I just needed 5 more minutes. 

"Mom, five more minutes please." I said. 

"No, it's not school time. They're kicking us out of the building." 

I live in an apartment building. I live on the 1st floor. The bottom floor. I was surprised. I immendiately jumped outta bed. 

"What do you mean they're kicking us out?" I asked in shock. 

"There is a flooding issue. The 3rd floor is flooded. We only have like a half an hour to get what we really need and get outta here." 

"Are you serious?" 

"Yes. Now please go get our tooth brushes and stuff from the bathroom." She asked. 

I hurry to the bathroom. It's 1:30 in the morning and they're kicking us out. They could of given us a warning. It must of rained hard. 

I got the needed stuff outta the bathroom. As I walk out my mom is sitting on the couch, and my stepdad walks through the door. 

"How did you find out?" My mom asks. 

"The Red Cross came down to Get Go and told me." He says. 

My stepdad works two jobs. He works as a pharmacy technician at CVS Pharmacy and works at Get Go.

"The Red Cross is here?" My mom asks. 

"Yes. They are out there along with the fire department and police officers." He says. 

"What are the Red Cross doing here?" 

"I heard they're helping to put people in hotel rooms, that doesn't have any place to go." 

"How did they know about the flood?" I ask. 

"Apparently, somebody put a tarp on the roof to stop the rain from coming in the building. It didn't help and the rain flooded the 3rd floor. I heard Mike upstairs called the fire department." Chris says. 

"Which Mike?" Amy says. 

"Mike, the one who you can barely understand sometimes. I'm going to go and investiage and see what's going on." Chris says. 

My mom nods and he walks out the door. 

"Momma, what's gonna happen?" I ask. 

"We're going to have to move into Debby's for a while." She says. 

Debby is my aunt. 

----

"So we're allowed to stay until four. We have to get the most needed things and leave by four. We will be able to get the rest of our stuff soon, but for now we need to be out by four with the most needed stuff." Chris says. 

We were allowed to stay the night and get some sleep. My aunt, and my cousin's boyfriend came over to help us pack some things and deliver them to my aunt's house. 

"Momma what are we going to do about Max?" I ask.

Max was our cat. 

"I'm going to try to get Melinda to take him." 

Melinda was my cousin. 

"I could call and ask her." My cousin's boyfriend, Joe asks. 

My mom nods. Joe calls Melinda.

"She said it wouldn't be a problem. We can give him a home." Joe said. 

----

"Channel 11 is outside. I think they caught us on camera." Joe said. 

"If I'm on camera, I'm screaming." Debby says. 

"That means I'm on camera too." I say. 

"Well yeah, you were carrying boxes too." Joe says. 

----

We arrive at my aunt's house. So this is going to be our new home for now. 

"Momma, what's gonna happen?" I ask. 

"I don't know. I honestly. Soon we're going to have to look for a new apartment." She says. 

I ended up not going to school that day. My mom needed me so I could help pack. 

"So Chris and I are going to have to leave earlier to get to school." I say. 

"Yes, yes you are. Has anybody asked yet?" My mom says. 

"No. I don't think it was on the news yet." I say. 

"Oh, yeah that's right." She says. 

"When will it be on the news?" 

"Probably not till the 6 o'clock news." 

----

"You're sleeping on the bed." Debby says. 

My aunt had to bring her mattress out here so I could sleep on it. Then my mom and stepdad's mattress would go into her room to sleep on. 

I wonder how this is going to all turn out. I hope everything works out for the best. 

Another chapter. Hope you enjoy. -Taylor