chapter 4 - irene

When Irene woke up the next morning, the sun had barely risen in the sky and she already regretted her decision to go to 'boring work' today.

One of her roommates, Seulgi, had been pounding on her locked bedroom door every 5 minutes to make sure that she was getting ready for work, but Irene hadn't even moved. Her room was so dark and cozy that she didn't want to get up.

"Unnie!! I made pancakes! Come outside!" Seulgi shouted through the crack of space at the bottom of Irene's door. Irene sighed at having to get up, but her roommate was just so cute that she had to obey.

Plus pancakes sounded good right now. Not as good as something else, though. But she couldn't do that again for a while. Irene frowned just thinking about it.

It didn't even take Irene more than 5 minutes to get ready as she picked out a super cute outfit consisting of a black button up shirt, making sure to leave the two at the top unbuttoned, a checkered pencil skirt, fishnets, and maroon thigh highs to match her fluffy maroon jacket.

She quickly checked herself out in the mirror and she was looking good. She hoped Seulgi would like it and she was excited to see her friends reaction.

"Ooh pancakes, I'm starving! Thanks Seul~" Irene clapped as she walked out of her room, her heels making clicking sounds on the hardwood floor.

"Enjoy!!" Seulgi smiled and was still turned around at the stove flipping more pancakes so she didn't see Irene make her way over to the table where Sooyoung was already seated.

Sooyoung was reading a newspaper article about something that Irene didn't care about and she grabbed some strawberries to throw on top of her pancakes.

"Interesting news in the paper today, I think you would find it interesting too, unnie." Sooyoung said still looking down at the newspaper.

"Oh~ and why's that Sooyoung?" Irene took another bite of her pancake making sure to lick the fork clean.

Sooyoung looked up with a smile and slide the paper over to Irene before pointing out the section of the paper that she'd wanted her to read.

"Cool 'librarian outfit', by the way." Sooyoung added playfully as she began to happily sip her orange juice, awaiting Irene's reaction to the news.

"Ooh read it outloud unnie! I can't see it from here." Seulgi called from the kitchen and Irene huffed.

"Sure thing! Not sure why Sooyoung thought I'd enjoy this, but, it says that the 'Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency is to Form a Team With Incheon Metropolitan Police Agency to Solve the Unsolvable.' I wonder what they're referring to... but oh well, no point in reading on." Irene said quickly, putting the paper down before anyone could ask further questions.

Sooyoung shared a look with Irene but she quickly turned away.

"Huh, I wonder what the 'unsolvable' means." Seulgi said making her way towards the table, "What do you thin- oh my god unnie! Are you going to wear that to work?!"

"Oh this? Yeah, don't you love it Seulgi! Don't I look so nice!" Irene smiled and stood up to show the whole outfit. Irene laughed when Seulgi got flustered and quickly set more pancakes on the table before running to cover Irene's body.

"Aw you love it that much, Seulgi! Thanks for the hug~." Irene teased as Seulgi pushed her unnie in embarrassment.

"Librarians do not wear those types of clothes to work and you know that!" Seulgi rushed, taking a step away from Irene, feeling shy all of a sudden.

Sooyoung practically choked on her orange juice as she laughed at Seulgi's little freak out.

"S-stop messing with me oh my gosh!" Seulgi pushed Sooyoung who just laughed more and Irene smiled.