The Key

It was the worst day of your life today, and it was a hard to swallow fact.

You were one of the many, many D-class personnel at the SCP foundation, a place you could only describe as hell on earth, with all of the SCPs you have met so far being the demons of this accursed place. As you sat up from your cold bed, the speaker in your room flared to life as the door started to open, two guards standing in the doorway with their guns in hand. "D-5091, please step out of your cell. It is time for testing." As you stretched and went over to the guards, a smile spread across your face. You would make sure that whatever hellhole you were put into next, whatever was in there waiting for you was going to have a hell of a time trying to kill you. However, as they shoved you into a random room, there wasn't anything in there except for a wooden door on one wall (which was quite odd since all the doors here were metal,) and a wooden box directly infront of it. You could tell that something was wrong, and as you went over to the box, the doors closed behind you, trapping you inside of this mysterious room.

A shiver went down your spine as you opened the box, the speaker coming on once more with a loud buzz. One of the eggheads at the facility could be heard clearing his voice as he began to speak slowly, as if you were nothing but a baby. "Hello, D-5091. Today, you are testing SCP 860-" You didn't hear the rest of what he said. In the cafeteria you had met two of the guys assigned to test with SCP-860, and none of them had all of their limbs. One of the two you met didn't even have anything except for one arm and the stump of a leg. Both of their stories were the same: They went into the door they opened with 860, walked around in a forest, and were torn apart by some kind of creature. As you finally heard the speaker turn off with a buzz, you let out a scream and ran towards the large metal doors, banging on them as you begged for a merciful death. 

Sadly, nothing happened.

The doors were still shut tight, and the box and the door were still there. Realizing this was the only way you even had a chance to get out, even if it was in a coffin, you picked up the box and opened it slowly, pulling the key out as you inspected it thoughtfully. It looked like a normal key, except for the fact that it was completely blue, and there was a string of numbers on the blade. You didn't understand what they meant, but nevertheless you went over to the door and slowly turned the key, expecting the worst.

Your expectations came true.