Chapter 4

Ash and leaf talked for quite a bit before Serena and Alain came over. Serena instantly went towards Ash's side and stood really close and flared at Leaf who smiled in return. "Looks like you've met my maid, Leaf... hard worker but mischievous" Alain said.

"She seems like a lovely girl" Ash said to Serena's disappointment. Ash could see Serena's disheartened face, "but of course Serena is the most loveliest" Ash said - he didn't know what caused him to say that but it did the trick.

"Thanks Ash, why don't we go and meet other people together" Serena said trying to get away from Alain and Leaf. Ash didn't say a word and followed Serena out of the room and towards the dining room. Serena made sure that she sat next to Ash while all the others sat around, but to her dismay Leaf sat next to Ash while Alain was in front.

"Alain dear, where is your father?" Grace asked, Ash looked straight at Alain waiting for the reply. Ash could feel Leaf's aura boil in anger as well but he didn't know why. "He should be coming soon, he said he had business then he would come" Alain explained.

"Ah I assume it is business to help our world?" Achille spoke.

"Yes my father is a great man - always looking for ways to improve this world we live in and bring peace and harmony between Pokémon and people" Alain said.

"That's a lie" Ash growled. Serena and leaf looked at him in surprise. His hood was covering his eyes. "And what's the supposed to mean?" Achille said looking directly at Ash. Ash didn't respond and continued to look away then glared at Alain Who was smirking.

"Be careful what you say... you already have been pardoned by the Queen to stay here but no me" Achille said glaring at Ash who avoided eye contact. Serena grabbed Ash's hand other table in order to comfort him. Ash looked at Serena and gave a reassuring nod.

Ash stayed quiet on the table while Serena was being introduced to other guests, Leaf was quiet as well, she was still in shock at Ash's sudden anger. Then as if it couldn't get worse Lysandre approached the table. Ash stopped eating and watched the red haired man approach the seat in front of him.

"Ah sorry I'm late - just had a little scout for something" Lysandre said looking at Ash with malevolence. Ash gave him the stare back but kept his expressions fairly normal.

"And what might that be father?" Alain asked.

"Someone valuable for my project" Lysandre said Now looking directly at Ash's soul. Ash could feel the glare intensify. He put his head down - he felt vulnerable.

"Anyways I have few guests from Kanto with me as well - they've been helping on this project, Gary, Paul and Drew introduce yourselves" Lysandre spoke - Ash's head instantly perched up, they were the boys that have made Ash's life miserable in Kanto - the ones that nearly caused him to end his life. Ash was boiling with rage as the trio came forward and introduced themselves.

However from then Lysandre and Ash kept their relations low key avoiding any form of confrontations, until Lysandre began to tell a story of his past.

"I once knew a couple - fairly odd couple. The father was a swine - unemployed idiot. And the mother gave birth to a boy - rather strange but gifted boy. But he is a threat to my project. They say if there is something wrong with the bitch then there is something wrong with the pup..." Ash knew exactly what he was talking about and lost his head.

"SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP!" Ash stood up and roared in Lysandre's face. Serena stood up and held Ash's hand but it didn't work this time. Lysandre chuckled and stood up as well and the trio of boys stepped forward.

"Ketchum... I told you not to step out of the line... and you are talking to a very important man. Has no one taught you respect?" Achille said.

"Can we all calm down... forget this and continue the evening please" Grace said but Ash was having none of this.