Chapter 1

{Mackenzie}

I could hear the sound of our tires on a rocky road and I knew we were almost there. I opened my eyes and gave my eyes a second to adjust to the sun that was shining through the car window.
I was so excited for this summer. Me and Lauren haven't seen each other since Christmas since she went back to Canada. It sucks not being able to see your best friend for 6 months.
As for Johnny I am excited to see him since he's still one of my best friends but I saw him a few months ago while we were working on a song together.
I look at Maddie to see her tear stained face. She was really upset that she had to leave jack since he couldn't come with us. But she will get over it.
-
All the sudden our care comes to a stop and I look out the window to see Lauren. I bolt out of my car as fast as I could and attacked her with hugs! We were both laughing and smiling till our face hurt.

"Oh my god Lolo I missed you so much!!!" I screamed

"Kenzie!! I missed you wayyy more!!!" Lauren screamed back

I said hi to the rest of her family and gave everyone hugs since we are all pretty close. We all talked for a while then decided to bring all of our stuff in and unpack.
-
While I was unpacking my clothes I heard footsteps coming into my room and assumed it was Lauren.

"Hey Laur, can you pass me my phone?? It's on my bed" I say while still unpacking.

"Sure" I heard someone say in a low voice

I quickly snap my head around and see Johnny handing me my phone. I grab it and smile.

"Thanks, sorry I though you were Lauren haha" I laugh a little

"No problem. I was just seeing if you needed any help with anything.."

He was wearing ripped jeans and a sweater that said Kenzie on it, it was some merch. Everyone buys each other's merch to be supportive, but I didn't think he would actually bring it here and wear it..

"I like your sweater" I say and laugh a little.

"So do I" We both are laughing by now.

The room goes silent and it's pretty awkward for some reason. We just sit there looking around. Neither of us knew what to say.
Then I hear my mom calling to us that it's time for dinner. Thank god.
-
As we ate we were taking about memories from previous summers. We had just finished talking about the time at the beach when I almost drowned. I was laughing so hard while trying to explain that I was like 4 feet tall and the waves were big!!
The room went silent for a second while we all thought about what to talk about.

"Hey Johnny I heard that Nadia girl is back this summer" Maddie mentions.

Johnny starts to blush. Nadia was a girl our age that had a beach house about 2 minutes away. Her and Johnny dated for a while before Johnny found her kissing some kid named Hayden.
I don't know why but the sound of her name made me pretty mad. Am I jealous? No.. what would I be jealous of??
I know that still likes her and Nadia tried to get back together after he caught them. But Johnny said no. But who knows maybe they will get back together..?

"Kenz what's wrong??" My mom says concerned.

I look up to see everyone looking at me.

"Nothing" I look at Johnny and I could feel my cheeks start to heat up.

Why was I blushing?? Last summer we were best friends but now things are just awkward between us for whatever reason. Ugh.

—————————————————
SORRY THIS IS CRAPPY AF!!!
ALSO IM GONNA BE DOING SHORTER CHAPTER BUT I WILL WRITE AND UPDATE MORE!!
THIS CHAPTER IS LEGIT ONLY ABOUT 700 WORDS WHOOP WHOOP!!
ANYWAYS HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS TRASH!!
~K♡