Chapter 9

My eyes fluttered open and I get up to get ready for the day. I grab some ripped jean shorts and a yellow cropped t-shirt. I quickly get dressed into them and do my makeup. I straighten my hair and leave it down. Honestly I'm just to lazy to do anything else with it.

I walk out of my room and down the stairs to the kitchen. I grab a glass and fill it up with water. I start to drink it when I hear someone coming down the steps. I look over to see Johnny. He stops at the bottom of the stairs and notices that I'm in the kitchen. He glares at me and quickly barges past me and grabs an apple out of the fridge.
He takes a seat at the table and starts eating. I lean against the counter and decide not to go sit at the table.
Best to not poke the bear.

I was looking at him for a while, don't ask why. I don't even know to be honest. I just missed my friend... or whatever he was to me. And I felt horrible about what happened.

We have only been here less than two weeks and we have gotten into 4 fights. Wow, that must be a record. I just wish all this drama would be over with.

"Stop staring.." he finally says to break my thoughts.

I guess I was staring at him while I was thinking and I wasn't even paying attention or noticing that I was staring.

"Sorry.." I say and look down at my feet.

He gets up and walks over to the trash to throw the rest of his apple out. He starts walking over to me and stands right beside And and leans against the counter. He sighs and then opens his mouth to talk,

"I'm sorry for what I said yesterday.." I look up at him as he apologizes.

"It's fine. I really am sorry for telling Nadia, you guys didn't deserve that" I say and he smiles.

"It's fine..lets just move on from it?" He says and looks me in the eye.

His eyes are so hard to explain.. they are gorgeous and green and the way they light up just takes my breath away. And I love it.

"Okay.." I say as I stare into his eyes.

The corners of his mouth pull up and soon he is smiling which makes me smile. We stare into each others eyes until we hear footsteps coming down the stairs and we break eye contact. I look down at the floor, still smiling, as he walks over to the couch and turns on a show.
I see Maddie turn the corner and I smile at her and head up the stairs. I go to my room and close the door behind me.

-

I walk downstairs and into the living room to find Lauren sitting on the couch watching a movie.
I made up with Johnny, so why not try to talk to Lauren?? She was still a little mad about the whole me and Johnny almost kissing thing.

I walk over to her and take a seat beside her on the couch. She looks over at me for about a half of a second and then back at the tv.

"What are you watching??" I say trying my best to start a conversation.

"A movie" she answers.

I sit there for a second trying to figure out what to say because I miss my best friend.

"Listen, you are my best friend and you always will be. If you feel like me hanging out with Johnny or ever being with him would affect our friendship your wrong." I say quickly.

She looks at me for a second and I can't figure out if she is mad or thinking or confused. Then she smiles and I know she isn't mad.

"Really??" She says smiling.

"Of course!!" I tell her.

After we made up we went down to the beach and tanned and swam for a bit. But we also had to help set up for the party that was happening tonight.

Every year near the beginning of summer my family has a huge party. Everyone gets drunk, even 14 year olds.
It's great and everyone has an awesome time, but the day after is a complete wreck. Most people in the house are hungover and cleaning the mess takes like 3 hours.

So anyways the party is tonight and I'm super excited for it!! Except for the fact that I'm 99.9% sure Nadia will be there. Ew.

-

I get changed out of my wet bathing suit and run down the stairs to help set up. Me, Lauren, and Johnny are setting up the food. Which is honestly just junk and chips.

I could feel someone's stares burning a hold through my back so I whip my head to the side to see Johnny staring at me. He quickly looks down and acts like I didn't see him but I can see a little bit of a blush burning his cheeks. What a cutie.

Lauren leaves to go get the pop out of the garage and I look back at Johnny and start to speak.

"Didn't anyone ever tell you it's not nice to stare??" I ask him in a joking voice.

He looks at me for a second.

"I-I.." he cant even make a sentence and we both burst out laughing.

Lauren comes back and sets out the drinks. I keep stealing glances at Johnny. I don't know why. It's not like I like him. That's a lie. I don't know how I feel about him, but
he wouldn't like me back anyways, so whatever.
——————————————————
WHOS EXCITED TO PARTAYYYY?!

THIS ONES A BIT LONGER!!

IF THIS SUCKS PLEASE TELL ME!!

ANYWAYYSSS, I DONT THINK I WILL BE ABLE TO GET UP CHAPTER 10 TONIGHT BC I HAVE TO GET SLEEP OR I WONT WAKE UP.

ALSO IM TOO LAZY TO PROOF READ TONIGHT SO WHOOPS!!

THANKS BABES PLEASEEE COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK!!!

~K♡