v

Billie knows better than to cling to hope. She knows way better. But something is telling her not to give up. That something being the Joker in the mirror.

"Do you miss me"? "What do you think"? "Wow. Sassy". "Fuck off". "You're going crazy baby. Almost as crazy as me". "This shit is enough to turn anyone insane. They took you, you say you're alive. They took our kid and I'm alone. I'm completely fucking alone. I'm scared. I'm terrified. All I want is to be held by you, but I can't even get that. I want you so bad. I want you to hold me and tell me everything is gonna be okay.  I miss you so much. I just want you back". "I'm here". "But you aren't. You're either my magic or me going insane from dehydration and or being malnourished". "You're not eating"? "No. I hate this food". "Why aren't you at least drinking water"? "As if I'm actually allowed".

Let's be honest. Billie is a fool for thinking she's not being watched. Her every move is watched. They're watching her go insane. Talking to the walls, wishing on every star that she could leave. It's the collar they have on her. She can't leave. She can't use her magic. Whatever she sees is nothing. Absolutely nothing.

As she's being escorted to the white room, she can't help but to stare at the guard. Her mind really is lost. He looks exactly like he would if he had more color to his skin and no tattoos. She swears it's him. "Anyone ever tell you that you look exactly like The Joker"? Fuck, that sounds so foreign coming from her mouth. "More than you think". "Are you brothers or something"? "Something indeed".

If you're in need of a fourth wall break, here's your freebie.

For those hoping so desperately that it's him, you're correct.

It's him in none of his glory. He took a makeup artist and now he looks like this

 He took a makeup artist and now he looks like this

Something he wishes to never again look like. 

(Fourth wall under construction)

"Do you know why you're in this place Billie"? "Cause he lied and kept my powers from me

"Do you know why you're in this place Billie"? "Cause he lied and kept my powers from me. Now they expect me to be some kind of a lab rat". "Do you hate him for it"? "I couldn't hate him if I tried". He takes in the information with a nod, carefully speaking to her like a sane person would with a child. "So. They say you were pregnant when you got here. Where's your baby"? She looks at him and laughs. Just laughs. "Everyone knows what that bitch did to my son". He stops walking and presses her into the wall, watching all her fright build up in her eyes. "Where's our baby"? "Excuse me"? "Billie. I don't have time to be fucking around right now. Where is Khalil? What did they do to him"? "Daddy"? "Yes it's m-". Billie doesn't even let him finish. She slaps him and steps away. "Don't you dare touch me". "Billie it's-". "I know it's you. You coming to get me doesn't excuse that fact that you lied to me daddy. You lied". "Billie I had-". "I don't give a fuck what excuse you have. You still lied to me. Had you told me the truth, none of this would be happening". "It was happening way before I met you. Your parents knew". "You could have saved me from all of this"! "Keep your voice down". "Don't you dare. You don't get to tell me what to do". "Billie, I know you're pissed-". "You know nothing! All this time I could have protected myself. I could have protected us both"! "That isn't your job. I'm the one that needs to take care of you". "That isn't fair". "What do you mean"? "You lied. That's all anyone ever does". "Billie. We don't have time. I need to get you out of here". "No. Fuck that". "What did you just say"? "Fuck that. I'm not going any where with you". "We'll see about that".

Joker reaches for her but is pushed back immediately. "Billie. We have to g-". She punched him. She actually punched him. "I don't have time for this". "I'm gonna kill you". "Try it". He watches as her hand glows black, not a trace of fear in his eye.

As her hand touches him, the light goes out and her hand is back to normal. "What the fuck"? "Don't say you weren't warned. We're leaving". He throws her over his shoulder, not being able to care about the constant pounding at his back.

Once they're half way near the get away car, Billie jumps off his shoulder and pushes him. "How dare you even try and bring me back". "Are you kidding me? We need to go". Getting mad, Billie throws herself at him, her body immediately being thrown to the ground. "I'm giving you one last chance". Gritting her teeth, she rushes at him but is yet again thrown back to the ground. She gets up, being met with a glare and the shake of her lovers head. "That's does it".

Before she can charge, Joker's muttering the four words she never would have dreamed would work. "Kneel the fuck down". She drops to her knees, kneeling in submissive position. "What"? "Now if you're done, I'd like to go home". He picks her up and takes her the rest of the way, tossing her into the passengers seat once they reach the car.

Billie says nothing. What is she supposed to say? She wants to be pissed. She wants to hate him. But she can't. She missed him way too much to stay mad at him. She stays quiet until they reach the mansion.

When the two are in their room, Billie distances herself from him, her tears running down her face as she looks up at him from across the room. "They told me you were dead". "And I told you I'd never leave you". "But you have. So many times. I missed you. Every day. I was so alone". "I'm sorry baby. I'm so sorry". Hesitantly walking towards her, he wipes away her tears, holding back his own. "I am so sorry. I never wanted this for you. I should have never taken you. I should've never lied. I just wanted a happily ever after". "We don't get those". "No baby. I don't get those. You still can". "Don't think that for a moment I'm leaving you. You aren't leaving me either". "I won't baby. Not ever again". He kisses her head, giving her a smile. "I know you hate me, but if you want to talk, I'll be in my office. I love you". He walks away after that, not expecting to hear the words back.

"I love you too".