"Who I truly am"

EMMA'S POINT OF VIEW

The blankets are covering Joshua's sweaty and restless body, He has a bandage that I placed, a few minutes ago, covering his small injury.

My blankets were just white when I saw them before, but now that he is inside them, they seem to have multiple colors. Beautiful.

I leave Joshua in my bedroom, after giving him water and a medicine, to improve the headaches he'll have tomorrow with the hangover.

I turn on the TV, because I am still too energetic to go to sleep, but nothing seems to please me.

Without thinking, I go to my room, where he's sleeping like an angel and I sit on the floor, beside my bed. I could watch him sleeping all night.

I touch his hair and caress his cheeks. I am so sorry that Joshua is suffering so much, just because of me.

My eyes are stuck in his face, I want to look to another place, but I can't. I love him. My fear made me realize it. Life without him is scarier and boring.

I am lost in thoughts when I feel a tingling all over my body. I start feeling that I am getting hotter and that I am having trouble in paying attention to whatever I want. Suddenly, I lift my head to see Joshua, again, and I see his bright eyes.

He's near me, he just kissed my forehead.

-Hello, you're up- I say embarrassed.

-Yeah. I slept really well, thanks.

I smile.

Ignoring this kiss seem to be the best choice. I am stupid as you might have noticed before, but the truth is that I am to scared to end up hurt. Even telling a waitress that I want the meat less cooked, seems to be an easier job, now that I have a bigger problem, and believe me, it's not easy for me to ask a waitress anything.

-I was afraid that I would never be able to see you again- he says.

-Me too.

He grabs my hand and I squeeze it. He then makes a gesture for me to get up, out of the floor, and I say;

-No, no, I am fine.

-Are you? This is your bed, why don't we change places?

-I am fine, and I don't want you to be cold.

-Are you cold?- he asks.

Crap...

-Ye-No! 

He instantly gets up, smirks and grabs my waist and pulls me until I fell on my bed, right beside him. His wrist muscles are more salient than I thought. He is stronger than he thinks he is, even I thought he wasn't that strong.

I was about to thank him when he starts hugging me, strongly.

-What are you doing?

-Don't ever leave me again, I am scared when you are not present. I feel worth it and complete when you are here. I think that I might lov...

-You are welcome! If you need anything don't hesitate in calling me- I interrupt.

I get up.

-Where are you going to sleep?- he asks, worried.

-In the couch...

-Sleep here, please.

Is he crazy? Sleeping in the same bed as him?

-Joshua, come on... seriously?

He pulls me until the beat of his heart becomes the background melody. Birds aren't singing anymore, the wind isn't blowing, it all stopped on a matter of time. His chest is hard, so I feel a little headache after beating on it, which is surpassed with all of the safety and happiness that I feel, after his arms cover all my tiny body.

-I am scared.

He sits on the side of the bed, he seems tired.

His answer surprises me, but he continues;

-There is a story behind... if you stay here, I can tell you, who I truly am.

I can't contain my astonishment. Who he truly is? What does that mean?

I quickly enter the other side of the sheets and he looks at me, smiling.

-What? Come in or I'll be cold, if you keep pulling the sheets on your side!

--------------------------------------------------

Hello!

A big chapter hihi

Hope you are enjoying it!

What do you think Joshua is hiding?

Do you think he is doing it for Emma's best?

Do you ship #Jomma?

Hope you have an amazing week! Stay well, xoxo