Frustration

Somewhere, in a desolate waste land with nothing but dust and rock sat a young man. His hair waved gently with the wind as his body didn't move an inch as if he was rooted to the ground. His eyes were closed yet he saw everything. Suddenly, he opened his eyes with a flash of something running across as it showed his sky blue irises and slitted pupils. The ground seemed to shake around him as it started to form a crater, the only part untouched being where he sat as he seemed to float on a lone boulder that seemed to hover at the center of the crater.

"It's starting partner." A small yet somehow intimidating voice said, a small dragon with eleven tails appearing.

"Then lets go." The young man replied, suddenly disappearing into an ominous black hole.

The wasteland returned to silence, the rock continuing to float even after the young man left. Nothing moved, even the wind seemed to stop as the dust settled the ground littered with craters and floating rocks.

This was the power of a Shi.

Overhead, the shadow of something with wings flew across the wasteland. It's small body and posture fast and with purpose.

——————

"Reporting." Said an Anbu member wearing a dragons mask.

"I want you to trail Naruto and the others, don't interfere with them or Team Ten's mission unless absolutely needed." Tsunade ordered.

"As you wish."

"Before you leave, how has your training been?" Tsunade asked, the anbu walking past her towards the window.

"Eventful." He replied, jumping out the window with a smirk behind his mask.

Tsunade sighed, smiling lightly. "Once a Shi, always a Shi."

Tataki jumped from roof to roof, heading to the training grounds and stopping at the edge. He quickly hid himself and eliminated his presence as Naruto and the others ran by. Immediately he followed, keeping a distance so they wouldn't notice.

—————

The small shadow from before watched intently, following Shikamaru and Hidan with amusement showing in its eyes. After a while, it noticed Shikamaru's Jutsu weaken mid run and strengthened it as it waited for everything to unfold. It's amusement skyrocketed as it watched Shikamaru dupe the idiotic immortal, seeing its job done it disappeared into the shadows and b-lined back to its master.

Tataki felt a jolt run through his mind, smirking as he watched Naruto pull off the new combo with Yamato. After their quick discussion, Sakura and Sai ran off with one of Kakashi's hounds. After leaving, Naruto engaged the Akatsuki and showed his new Jutsu. It was quite impressive until...it ultimately failed.

"Dammit Naruto, I was expecting something flashy." Tataki grumbled, walking from behind the tree where he was hidden.

"Tataki?!" Yamato shouted, pulling out a kunai.

"Calm down, if I wanted to cause more trouble I would've already. But, it's been a few years hasn't it Naruto?" Tataki said, smiling kindly. The smile instantly disappeared as he was covered in lightning and appeared next to the Akatsuki. "Don't ruins our reunion." He growled, kicking him back and dragging the hairs/wires out of the ground as they retracted back to him.

"Can I take it from here?" Naruto asked, watching the Akatsuki transform.

"Sure." Tataki replied, smirking as he put his Anbu mask on and appeared next to Kakashi.

"Alright." Naruto said, summoning his shadow clones and prepared his Rasen Shuriken. After that it happened in the blink of an eye. Naruto mixed himself in with the clones and flanked the Akatsuki, hitting him with the new jutsu and sending him flying, practically tearing him apart and ending him along with his other hearts. All that's left was a near corpse and a giant crater.

"Looks like he's improved." Tataki said, chuckling lightly as he descended into the crater.

"How could I loss to a bunch of brats like you?" The Akatsuki groaned, unable to move.

"Because, we become stronger each passing generation. And, you killed Asuma. You filled us with a burning passion that led to your own downfall." Tataki said, a small black orb appearing in his hand which he dropped and starting walking away. Ignoring the strong pull form the ball, he stood at the edge of the crater and watched as it absorbed his enemy and started to expand as it ate away at the ground around it. "Disappear." He ordered, his voice low and serious as the black hole vanished without a trace.

"I'm heading off to report first, see you in the village." Tataki said, going up in a puff of smoke.

——————

"Of course you never left. Wouldn't it have been better for you to go in person?" Tsunade asked.

"It wouldn't have, after losing control a few times and letting my families personality getting the better of me a few times Yamato has taken precautions against me. He knows I'm not to be trusted." Tataki replied, balancing a kunai on the tip of his finger.

"What happened to the young boy who was bright and nervous at times?" Tsunade asked, sighing lightly.

"It took some time, but he died with the rest of his family. I may sound like Sasuke, but at least I didn't run off to a Prof. Snape to gain more power." Tataki said, flipping the kunai and catching it in the sheathe on his leg. "And I don't rely on my curse mark, or my eyes."

"What about Sage Mode?" Tsunade asked.

"It's my second step in a fight, I haven't been using it through because no one can push me that far." He grumbled.

"Then how about we give you a small push?" Tsunade asked, slowly gaining a smile.

"How so?" Tataki asked, his interest growing.

"You will fight Naruto's, Shikimaru's, and Hinata's teams along with Kakashi and Yamato." Tsunade said, watching as Tataki slowly started to grow an insane smirk as his teeth sharpened while his pupils became slits.

"Oh this will be a treat."