Adventures in the Grocery Store

"Niall! I'm going to go to the grocery store to get a couple things."

He appears around the corner, looking so hot. He always looks hot. How did I get so lucky?

"Can I come?" His face is completely serious (and adorable).

I'm kinda surprised. He always leaves me to do the shopping. It's kinda the wife's job, right?

Before I can answer he leaves a heavy kiss on my mouth that leaves me speechless, yet again.

He squeezes my hips. "I'll be right back, I'm gonna grab a sweatshirt."

I nod in response as he smiles and leaves the doorway.

Niall seems so happy as we drive. I have to remind him to watch where he's going because he keeps looking at me.

I let his hand linger on my thigh, and then take it in mine. I lace my fingers between his. "What's with you today?"

"What do you mean?"

"You seem extra smiley. What did you do?"

"I just.. I just really missed you. "

Niall looks at me, and I bring our entwined hands to my lips. "I missed you, too."

"You have to come with me next tour."

I hook our elbows and lean on him. "I'd love to."

Niall parks the car a few minutes later and I'm brought to his side, and our hands are warm inside his hoodie's pocket.

***

Thankfully, the store is pretty abandoned.

I reach the aisle filled with snack foods. But I can't quite reach my favorite Cool Ranch Doritos. I look around until I see a familiar blonde head.

"Niall!"

He turns and I sheepishly smile and wave him over. He jogs over and I point to the chips.

"No way. Let's get the Buffalo flavored ones."

"These ones are better!"

"Those are gross."

"You're gross!"

Niall just laughs. "We could just get both." He sets our basket on the floor and stands on his tip toes to grab one of each flavor.

He swiftly kisses me as he hands me my chips. I grin as I lightly slap his tush when he leans down to retrieve our basket.

My husband gets back by tickling me as I try to lead our way to the freezers.

"Cut it out!" I shriek.

Niall wraps his arms around my waist and leans on me as I peer inside the freezers. "What would you like?"

"Pizza Rolls."

"That's it?"

"Do we have to get something healthy?"

"Well, we should." I toss a bag of frozen peas in our basket. "But we don't really have to eat it. It can be-"

"It can be for looks."

I turn around and smile. "To make us feel healthy."

Niall rubs his nose to mine. "This is why I love you."

"Why's that?"

"Because no one else would say that but you."

"And you."

"I guess it just means we're meant to be." Niall smiles and kisses me and holds my body in front of his as we make our way through the rest of the store.