Chapter 12 : Perfect

• Jennie •

I woke feeling the absence of someone beside me.

Jisoo already woke up.

I lazily got up and got ready. Remembering that we'll have a small party with the family today.

As I finished brushing my teeth, I quickly looked through our closet. I chose to wear an off shouldered baby blue colored dress, that stopped just right above my knees.

I went down stairs, greeted by the scent of food being cooked. I went to the kitchen only to be greeted by the sight of my wife cooking.

"You're awake" Jisoo said as I hugged her from behind.

"Good morning. What are you cooking?" I asked as I rested my chin on her shoulder.

"Spaghetti and. . . Jennie?" I hummed on response.

"It's noon" She chuckled finally facing me.

"Really? What time are they gonna arrive?" I asked.

"In two hours. So help the kids in preparing the living room" She said facing the food she was preparing once again. At first I hesitated, remembering Jineong's actions last night.

"I talked to him already" Jisoo said, as she noticed my hesitation. I nodded and made my way to the living room.

Two kids were chasing each other, Jin aiming a balloon to his sister.

What if Lana was alive? I asked myself, bringing my mood down once again. I felt two pair of arms wrapping my waist.

"Don't feel bad mommy. I'm sorry about last night, I shouldn't have reminded you" Jineong said.

"It's alright, I'll know eventually anyway" I said bending down to meet their height.

"So, what should I help the two of you with?" I asked pointing at the decorations placed above the coffee table.

"Just gotta hang the strimmers and balloons" Natty said.

"Let's get started then!" I said, the two nodded.

At first everything was normal, but the three of us started goofing around. We started joking around with the balloons since we're done with the steamers. I would put air in the balloon and I would let go if it letting it make fart noises while it flies all over the room.

"You guys having fun without me?" Said Jisoo who appeared while wearing a simple white dress, and wow she is the definition of beauty.

"Extremely. . ." I answered her question a while ago.

"I hate you" Jisoo mumbled while smacking my arm.

"But you love me at the same time" I wriggled my eyebrows at her.

"Unfortunately, I do" Jisoo said. "Now kids get up and change. The guests are arriving soon"

"Unfortunately?!" Jennie said as the kids went to their room.

"I'm just kidding! I meant the other way around" Jisoo said.

"I hate you, I love you. I hate that I want you~" Jennie sang.

"Seriously Jennie, that song is like a decade ago" Jisoo said.

"Oh. . . Right" Jennie bit her lower lip, while Jisoo laughed at her.

"Don't worry. I'll update you with music these day, but I really miss our times thou"

"Nah. . . We just have different types of music taste" I said. What? It's true, I don't get all the fan wars everywhere, telling who's music is better. We all got our different opinions.