Chapter 12

Caitlin found Earth 2 a rather strange place. It was definitely different from Earth 1 but she still found it really cool. She was finally able to shake off her residual Barry feelings after realising her love for him and take in the scenery and beauty of this new and exciting place.

But the beauty hadn't lasted long as somehow she ended up taking the place of her doppelganger who was... certainly something. She was incredibly nerdy and geeky and had quite awful fashion sense. Immediately she was quite annoyed by her but luckily enough, she didn't have to be around her as they simply locked her up in the lab somewhere that she would not be found. But even then she was still being rather annoying.

She had gone down to CCPD and was pinned to a wall by Ronnie and kissed rather passionately. It turned out that they were married on this particular Earth which was incredibly strange. She used to want to be married to him but now she was mad for Barry and madly in love with him. The only person that she wanted to kiss was him and certainly not Ronnie. This had been a rather strange experience and before she knew it she was dragged over to Jitters which on this Earth was not a coffee shop and was actually a jazz club where Joe worked.

However, Joe's performance was interrupted by two metahumans. One cold and one hot. The first, the hot one, she recognised instantly. It gave her shivers remembering the woman that she considered to be a casualty that she had caused. Patty. But the second, the cold one, took her breath away as she realised who he was. Barry. It seemed that unlike on her home Earth where Barry had not been affected by the explosion on this one he had been given ice powers of some description.

It was obvious that the two of them were a couple which Caitlin had to admit hurt but she had to remember that this wasn't her Barry. Her Barry. He wasn't hers but those two words together still made her heart jump for joy.

"Barry, whatever you are going to do, don't. I know you," she called out to him, watching his eyes filled with confusion. 

"I don't answer to that name anymore, I'm Killer Frost," he replied coldly as ironic as it was. 

Caitlin couldn't believe what she was hearing. This wasn't the real Barry. Not the warm and loving man that she had fallen in love with. Sure he could be cold and closed off and uptight at times but this was a whole new level. But he wasn't evil, she could never believe that about him.

"You don't want to hurt anybody, I know that. And if you are going to hurt someone then hurt me not anyone else," she reasoned with him, using her speed to flash all three of them outside.

After a short battle where Caitlin refused to hurt him, he got injured from one of Patty's blasts of fire from where she had been dodging them causing the two of them retreat, she headed back to the lab to check on Cisco and Harry.

"How come you didn't tell us that Barry and Patty work for Zoom on this Earth?" Caitlin asked Harry a little passive aggressive.

"I didn't want your feelings to get in the way. But Killer Frost-"

"-Barry," Caitlin interrupted. She couldn't bear to hear him be called that. That wasn't who he was, not really. She had to believe that he could be saved, she loved him after all. He may not be her Barry but he is still a Barry and there is no Barry out there whom she does not love with all of her heart and soul.

"Yes, Barry can lead us to Zoom. But rumour has it that Zoom has just killed Deathstorm or as you know her, Patty, the love of his life. Now he is going to be pretty mad at Zoom right now so if we play our cards right he may help us and lead us right to Zoom's lair and Jesse. All we need is a way to track her..."

"I can help with that!" the nerdy Caitlin piped up who had been set free earlier because she would not shut up. "Killer Frost leaves thermal markers wherever he goes because he is so cold. CCPD has a way of tracking those markers so I can track him wherever he goes and find out where he is right now,"