Cheese Cheese and More Cheese

"Make the damn sandwich! What did I raise you for? 17 years for nothing!"

It was a usual Sunday morning. The sun shining brightly through the ugly yellow linen curtains. A dusty smell filled the air, which makes my eyes water. badly. I was standing bare-footed on the even uglier red carpet. In the kitchen. Yes. My kitchen is carpeted. My 7 year old brother, Max, was standing behind me racing a toy car down my back which wasn't much help. He also took more than half the space. Not that there is any space. I didn't answer my dad back.

"Push off, Max" I grumbled. I never talked to anyone properly. He went obediently, my back aching from the car. My dad was sitting on a dusty arm chair, watching 'Friends'. I peeked at him then he caught my eye. 

"Oi! Samantha! Wheres that cheese and pickle I asked for?!" 

"Its coming."

I shuffled back into the kitchen, my eyes welling with tears. I don't know why I cried. I just felt like it. Grabbing the 2 day old bread, I got the pickles from the fridge and plonked it on the bread. I really didn't care for how I made dads sandwich. It just needed to get over and done with. I had no idea where the cheese was. Probably hiding somewhere. Our house was a dump. It only had one bedroom and one bathroom. The sitting room and kitchen was connected. It happened after mum left...

I checked under the breakfast bar then in the fridge. Apart from some cookies and almost-expired milk, there was no cheese. I guess dad would just have to make do with pickles. Which would be very disgusting. I grabbed a small carton of orange juice and two cartons of apple juice for me and Max. I went over into the sitting room.

"Er, here's your sandwich. By the way there was no-"

I decided not to tell dad about the cheese. It would just anger him more.

"About time. Now go."

I shuffled away into our room then smelt something moldy. There was a great lump of cheese, with Max next to it.

"Ew Max! What the hell are you doing?!"

"Samantha! Its a massive race track!"

He then demonstrated by making his car 'drive' down the Great Lump. I sighed then walked out, not bothering about the smell or cheese. Then, the thought hit me. 

"SAMANTHA WILLIAMS COME OVER HERE RIGHT NOW"My dads voice bellowed across the house.

Shit, the cheese.