Eggs For Days

It was going 9 o'clock. I didn't care. Max and I don't go school. we're drop outs. I went into the bathroom to wash my face. I was sweating and the dust was getting to me. I barely had any clothes, just a plain yellow hoodie with a black planet in the corner. But the yellows becoming grey. I changed my jeans then did my hair in a messy bun. I didn't owe any makeup but I've always admired it. It makes your skin so even, it hides all your sadness.

I entered the mustard hallway then changed to my converse shoes. Mum gave it to me for Christmas. I sniffed then went to find Max. He had fallen asleep. I kissed his cheek then ignored dad. I needed to get out. I grabbed the keys then decided to go to the park. It was so simple and peaceful there. No one could hurt me. Or so I thought.

I was planning to stay out for a few hours. It was a cool day and the breeze was just right. The trees made my favorite 'swoosh' sound. I was walking past a shop then something caught my eye. I didn't have any money so what was the point? My dad never provided food for us. We were broke. Living on benefits isn't nice. I was staring at a perfectly rounded brown egg, with little Easter bunnies carved in it. I would've normally let it go but this time I couldn't. I walked into the shop, not knowing what to do next.

I walked straight towards the egg. It was so much more bigger than I thought. But the lady at the counter kept eyeing me suspiciously. There were a few others in the store but it was me that she kept looking at. I tried to avoid eye contact with here. About 5 minutes past and I built up my courage to grab the egg - and run. I was a hungry kid. I could save a piece for Max. I looked over to the lady to make sure she wasn't looking at me. She wasn't there, which was odd but I couldn't take any chances, so I ran. I ran so fast that I tripped over mum's Converses then fell, along with a cracked egg. I was only about 5 inches away from the stores entrance, when the same lady came up to me and stuck her hand out.

She was waiting for me to run out. She knew I was going to steal it. 

"Well, do you want me to help you up or not?" She snapped. I dismissed her then got up myself. I didn't like the look of her. When I gained my awareness back, I quickly looked for a piece of the egg. They were scattered everywhere but the pieces were too small for me to take. The lady grunted.

"Trying to steal in my shop, huh? Who do you think you are? I don't care if you're poor and hungry and lonely. Go away and scram. Don't come back"

I looked at her with pure rage in my eyes. Who did she think she was? I got up, dusted my self then turned around to walk towards the park. I wanted to scream at her then I remembered something I saw on 'Friends'. I remember Monica putting her middle finger towards Rachel, so that's what I did towards the lady. Judging by her look, she was mad. good.

I ran off, then noticed a little shiny wrapper near where my egg fell. There were two neatly wrapped chocolate bars in the egg, but that didn't brake. I leaped for it, only managing to grab one, then I ran. The lady was finally out of site but my head was pounding and my leg felt wet. I walked into the park, probably looking like a tramp. 

I wondered around, thinking about my experience about 5 minutes ago. I saw a bench then leaned my leg against it and rolled up my jeans. Sure enough, my leg was bleeding. But what could I do? I had to stick with it. I opened the shiny wrapper of the bar and halved it, saving some for Max. I admired the chocolate, then bit into it. It was so smooth down my mouth, that I was tempted for the other half. But I couldn't. I rested on the bench for a bit. I was thinking about leaving my home. Starting a new life. I could join a gang or I could stay a good little saint -or I could go home. I was too tired so that's what I did.

I walked back from the park, the trees 'swooshing' a little too much. I was getting cold. I walked past the store, my egg still on the floor, but the other chocolate was gone. The lady took it. It took me about 10 minutes to arrive home. I reached into my pocket to unlock the door. My heart stopped beating. The key was gone. We only had one key. Where was it? I ran back to the store, searching the enterance. My leg was throbbing. It blooming hurt.

I looked in the drain pipe, tears streaming down my face. I hunched in a corner, not knowing what to do. I was such a failure. I wanted to burst in the store and ask the lady if she saw them. But I wasnt going to talk to her. Not after how she treated me.

I walked back home, preparing myself for dads shouts. I trugged back. As soon as I walked towards the door, I scrunched my nose up. It STANK. Then I realized. The Big Lump was still there