Prologue

Riley

I sat on the side of my bed, thinking about my birthday that is approaching fast! Most people would be excited about there 18th birthday..but I'm not. In the group home I stay in it's dooms day.

See, I been in this group home since I was ten sort of. My mom and dad didn't want me so they put me up for adoption. Since babies always get taken first, I was in a new house in no time.

Chris and Jen took me in and raised me. I thought everything was great until I turned nine.

One night, I heard Jen screaming in there bedroom so I ran up stairs to see what was going on. Well, when I walked in the room Chris had Jen pinned against the wall punching her.

I saw broken glass everywhere so I screamed and which made Chris come and slap me. I blacked out.

The next few day went by normally but I never forgot what I saw that night and you can tell from how I acted.

I didn't act how I use to. Before I was talkative and bubbly, now I didn't really say anything. My teacher must have talked to Jen because she can to me one night and said:

"Why don't you act like yourself anymore?"

I just shrugged.

"If your worried about me, I'm okay." She gave me a weak smile.

With that, I tried to forget about it. And eventually I did until my tenth birthday.

I wanted a pink birthday cake but Jen said they only had yellow. Chris was drinking and started yelling at Jen.

She hugged me and told me to run to the bathroom, lock the door, and sit in the bathtub. I did that.

I sit in the bathtub with my ears covered trying to not listen to all the screaming and yelling. After about an hour, I walked out the bathroom:

"Mommy?" I said looking around. There was blood everywhere and Chris was in handcuffs.

"Dan, there's a child here!" A policewomen yelled walking to me.

And from there I was placed back into the system.

I was placed in ten different homes before the age of fithteen. I was what they called a problematic child.

At the age of sixteen, I found out that Jen had died from the hands of Chris that night. And I took it real bad, she was the only mother that loved me. I wish I could have saved her. It seem like everything I love or care about gets destroy when I'm round it.

From being upset, I stayed in the street. Party, popping, and anything else you could think of. Only thing I cared about was making quick money for doing "favors" for guys and partying.

When I turned seventeen, I went to jail for the fouth time because it all caught up with me.

I have been sobber since I got out the last time, which will almost be a year.

I applyed for "independent living dorm" which is a program to help get me a place and a job so I can learn to take care of myself until the day of my 22nd birthday. So I'm trying to be good and hope that I can get in.

I was shook from my thoughts when I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in," I said.

Sharon, one of the volunteers, walked in the room. "Hey Rye, you got a mintue?"

"Sure, what's up?" I smiled as I sat back on the bed.

"Well you know that your 18th birthday is coming up, and I know you applyed for the independent living program. Well I glad to say that you have been appoved for it but you will have to get a job within the week of being there at the dorm." she smiled.

I hugged her tightly. "Thank you Miss. Sharon, for everything."

She was also like a mother to me. No matter what I did, she never stopped loving me. I love her for that.

"Your welcome baby. I'm going to go full out the rest of your paper work and I'll see you tomorrow for your big day!" she began to walk out.

I stood up, still with a big smile on my face. "I love you Miss. Sharon."

"Love you too Rye."

She was the only person I have ever said "I love you" to and mean it.

-------

"What are you doing?" Sabrina, one of the kids that stay at the group home also, said.

I was in the kitchen area reading the newspaper. "Looking for a job, I got in to the ILP program."

"Oh wow really? I hope I get in when I turn 18." she sat beside with her coloring book.

I giggled. "Your only six, I bet you'll get placed soon."

She went about coloring. I stopped an ad in the paper to be a waitress at a diner a few blocks for the dorms. Sounds old fashion but a job is a job. I hope I get it.

_________________

Lauren London as Riley

well...new drake story...without drake in the first part lol

I love the whole plot and storyline I have for this story but this story wont be out for a while...because of the other drake fanfic. I'm doing it this way because I want to keep my mind straight lol

I hope you like it and read it when it comes out. (I so have to edit this part tho.)

I love you guys!!!

dont forget to vote.

-debbiepearl