➳𝘟. 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘱𝘵.𝘐𝘐𝘐

Jughead's POV

24h have passed. At least 24h ago we were sent a message that we had 48h or else...

"Me, Sweet Pea, Fangs and some other serpent will go inside their hideout while you and the older serpents wait outside." I say to my dad.

"Okay. I think I've got it the first time you said it." he smirked.

I sighed "I'm sorry. I'm just worried I guess"

"Everything will be fine. Don't worry, Jug."

"I hope so..." and with that we were out of our trailer, leaving Jellybean with Toni just to keep my little sister safe.

We came to Wyte Wyrm where everyone was already gathered. I only looked at them and that was enough for everyone to understand that the plan started. We got to The Ghoulies hideout extremely fast.

The older serpents stayed outside if anything happened, as we made our way closer. Me and Fangs went to the basement door while Sweet Pea and others scattered to other entrances. It didn't take long until fangs managed to open the door. And oh! Surprise! There was a Ghoulie with a dog on a leash which got taken off very fast after the gang member saw us. The dog tried to bite Fangs, but he quickly pushed the dog away and the animal ran off. I guess he wasn't very trained. In the meantime, I beaten up the Ghoulie and we had a full entrance to the basement.

We sneaked down the stairs and started hearing cries of a girl. Cries of Veronica. It didn't take long when I kicked the door out and saw a terrible sight. Their gang leader, Malachai, was cutting in words in Veronica's legs and arms. Words like 'slut' and 'whore'. My blood started boiling like crazy. For sure another Ghoulie was going to get very injured that night.

"Well, oh, well. Look who's here. The prince in shining armor, isn't that right, princess" Malachai said.

With the last word he said, my fist collided to his face and he fell to the ground. I knelled down next to him and punched him simultaneously before all I could see was blood. I looked up and saw an unconscious Veronica's body tied to a chair, surrounded with the blood that she lost while they were torturing her throughout these past few days.

I carefully came closer to her and untied her arms and legs, took the duck tape off of her lips and gently picked her up. Fangs was walking up in front of us just that we wouldn't get caught. As we walked upstairs and out of the basement, we saw a few Ghoulie bodies on the ground.

I felt something move in my arms and I saw Veronica opening her eyes and trying to loosen out of my grip.

"...Jughead?" I heard her mumble.

"I'm right here, Ronnie. You're safe and they wont ever hurt you again" I said whilst I placed her down in one of the serpents car, parked a few blocks away from the Ghoulie hideout.

"Don't leave me, Jughead. Please don't go. I can't make it on my own again." Ronnie cried out and it broke my heart. So I gently sat down next to her and kissed her forehead.

"I'm not going anywhere. Not now. Not again." I said as she closed her eyes and calmed down, as there was still a long way until the hospital.

She was sleeping in my arms and I finally had her safe with me again.

Word count: 575 words

Fausta-xoxo