Your Real Name

Information:

Name: (Y/N) (L/N)     

Age: 19

Job: Pro Duelist    

Biggest fear: Vulnerability   

Habits: Drinks 

Family: Dead parents, 2 younger brothers ( 1 adopted )    

Relationships: No romantic

Friends: Blair Flannigan, Astor Phoenix, Jaden Yuki    

Hobbies: Art, music, street dueling

Deck: Dragon and Spell caster (Has only other Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A party for the pros. A time where all of the pro duelists to ever graze the TV screen would meet and be normal.

Not my kind of scene.

I don't really like these kind of things, but my manager requires me to show up to at least some form of event every once in a while. It's really quite unfair, if it were up to me, right now I would be at home working on my deck for a duel I'd have tomorrow, but thanks to my manager I'm being forced to interact with people I don't like and who don't like me.

It's not that I don't like people, it's just I'm not usually the nicest human being. I tend to snap at people, and am quite frankly not very nice. I'm only really nice to my brothers, and my very few friends.

So, every once in a while when I have to go to events, I sit alone at a table drinking champagne, pretending I am of age to drink, and try not to make eye contact with anyone. But today, there was one set of eyes that I couldn't ignore. Teal, cold orbs stared into my soul. I couldn't look away from them, I was mesmerized by their intensity. The owner of these eyes had teal hair, pale skin, and the twisted, sick smile.

A familiar smile. Familiar eyes. The features I see in my dreams. The features of the nameless man.

As I saw them approach me, I started to grow not just nervous but afraid, not knowing who this person was or what they wanted with me.

"You know, I think underage drinking can ruin your reputation," he said, his smile getting wider, "We wouldn't want to see you getting kicked out of the league, would we?"

Great, if his haunting features weren't enough, he has a terrible, stuck-up personality as well.

"Look, pal," I spat, already sick of his attitude, "I don't know who you are, but you definitely seem to young to be holding that vodka," I pointed to his hand, where a flask resided, the smell of the highly flammable alcohol  surrounding him.

The stranger chuckles, "Fair enough, Zane Truesdale, or "Hell Kaiser", whichever you prefer," he said extending his hand.

I don't shake his hand, but rather I slap it away, "I don't need this shit, I don't care what I call you, I doubt I'll ever see you again, and honestly, I don't  think I'd mind,"

The duelist shrugged, "Fine, your loss, really," he began to walk away but something clicked in my mind.

"What was your name again?" I questioned.

He turned his head back to me, flashing a terrifyingly haunting smile, a smile that chilled me to my very core, yet was oddly familiar and comfortable, "I thought you didn't care, what spiked your interest?"

"Look, you just seem familiar, and you were the one that seemed so keen on introductions," I snapped, just wanting to confirm or deny my theory, and not in the mood for this asshole's teasing.

"Zane Truesdale," he said, starting to turn away, "Remember it now, I'm not going to tell you again,"

Shit.

I was right.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm HOOOOOOOOOOOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Screaming when you enter our house has been a family tradition since I've been alive.

"(Y/N)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" my little brothers scream as they run at me with full force, tackling me onto the couch.

"Hey Nicky, Syrus!" I smile back at the little rays of sunshine.

Nicky is my biological brother, when our parents died 4 years ago, I started taking care of him, but Syrus is my adoptive brother. He is 5 years older than Nicky, and 3 years younger than me. he came into our family a year and a couple of months ago, when his older brother abandoned him, and dueled against him in the first GX tournament. After that duel, Syrus left Duel Academy, and I found him crying in an alleyway. That was the night I took him in. 

We don't talk about that night.

Ever.

"What are you two doing up!" I "scold", "It's past 11:30. Syrus, that's even two late for you."

" I know," Syrus whined, "But Nicky wanted to see you before bed, and he wanted a story from you. And I want to talk to you as well," Syrus' glasses sparkled, showing his determination.

"Fine," I said taking off my jacket. I ruffled Nicky's long brown hair, "You brush your teeth yet kiddo?"

"Uh-huh," Nicky nodded his head, "Syrus made me,"

I turn and smile to my blue-haired brother, "Nice work Sy, you just saved me a lot of trouble. Okay kiddo lets get you to bed!" I say as I pick up Nicky and carry him on my shoulder.

(Timeskip, cos why not)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 18 stories and 13 lullabies, I met Syrus in the kitchen, "What's up Sy?"

"Is it okay if I invite my friend over tomorrow? I haven't seen him since I left Duel Academy and it would mean a lot if I could,"   His green eyes pleading for me to say yes.

"Sure Sy," I reassured, "Who's your friend?"

"His name is Jaden Yuki,"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 929      I finally updated!!! See ya!!!!!!!!