🌹 chapter 8🌹

Both the princess and namjoon walked out of the forest and nearby some castle grounds.

"It's getting kinda late " namjoon said as he turned towards the princess. " lets stay at an inn here for the night and continue in the morning."

" alright" the princess said with a smile on her face.

The two walked into the grounds and were greeted by a night time market. People had their stands of beautiful yet useless things, yelling out prices and deals. Stands of potions , dresses, spices , baked goods , fruits , jewelry and many more.

" wow~" Y/n gasped.As her life as a princess she never left the castle grounds during the night since the ogre war was going on and it was extremely dangerous to leave the safety of the palace, but now that the dark one has ended the war this is the first time she's been out.

Namjoon looked at the princess and lifted his eyebrow through the hood. " don't tell me you never been to a nightly market ?" He asked in an unbelievable voice.

" well" she looked up at him " I never had the chance." She answered.

" nows a good chance then " the dark one said smiling through the hood. " after all I believe you need a new dress"

Y/n looked down at her attire and saw that the dress provided to her is a little worn down. Faded brown color and tore on the hems. Not really something a princess should be wearing.

" just give me a second " Namjoon cleared his throat and waved an arm over his body and right away his whole appearance changed.

He had dark brown hair, blue eyes , strong chiseled chin and a small round nose. Is this the real appearance of the hooded man she lived with for the last couple of months?

The princess was in a state of confusion, shock and amazement. Namjoon took notice of her little look she gave him and flicked her forehead. " this isn't what I look like" he said and crossed his arms across his chest " its a spell to disguise myself."

" why would you need to disguise yourself?" The princess asked.

" Me being the dark one doesn't work well in large crowds " he simply said and with another wave of his hand over the princess he looked at her with a satisfied look. " you look great."

Y/n looked confused and look down at her body. She now wore a brand new velvety blue dress with silver lining, her hair was much longer and of a dark red hue and oddly enough " why are my breasts bigger?"

" so people know you're a woman." Namjoon joke.

" ass." She insulted.

" First of all, that's not proper princess vocabulary and secondly , is that the way you talk to the dark one?" He crossed his arms once again.

" first of all, I'm no longer a princess, secondly I'm technically not speaking to the dark one with that disguise and thirdly why am I disguised as well?

" I have to be cautious" namjoon said " if someone sees you as princess y/n they'll try to be heroic, and take you away from me " he explained.

" ahhhh~" she said in a musical tone " Are you afraid someone will take me away and you'll be left by yourself? Does the dark one have a soft spot for his maid ?" The princess teased.

" Don't count on it. " He jokingly scoffed and ruffled her red locks. " now hurry up before I leave you behind.''

Y/n quickly followed behind , her excitement increasing with every step. Her eyes flickered around at the stands. She stopped at a stand selling potions and looked at the glowing magical liquids.

" Is there a potion you have in mind dearie?" the old haggard woman running the stand said with a crooked smile.

" um no, I'm just looking " y/n said with a kind smile.

" pft, you looked so worn down " namjoon, who was beside y/n said with a scoff to the old woman.

Y/n eyes shot open in surprise to namjoon's insult to the poor old woman. " namjoon! Don't be rude to the woman!" She scolded, but he merely rolled his eyes.

" your disguise isn't convincing either namjoon." The old woman passed, as if suddenly a teenager possessed her body " or should I say rap monster?"

" I don't need a good disguise to fool these people." Namjoon said disregarding y/n's comment.

" neither do I. But I need one in order to sell these potions " the old woman said as she lifted a potion off the table " seems like no one needs a potion for eternal beauty anymore " she said motioning to the vial in her hand.

" you should take it " namjoon said with a mischievous smirk.

" bite your tongue or i'll yank it " she threatened.

During this whole time the princess was confused. At this point it was obvious he knew the old woman but she wondered who she really was.

" anyway, I guess the rumors really are true ." the old woman sad looking at Y/n.

" rumors?" Y/n asked.

" it was pretty heroic of you to throw away your whole life to save your kingdom and live with the dark one." The woman said admirably.

" I wouldn't say throw away but-" y/n began to say but namjoon cut her off.

" we gotta get going now." He said and took her by the shoulder and pushed her away. The old woman smirked as she watched the two walk away " i'll be seeing you soon he said before attending to her stand once again.

''who was that?" Y/n asked as she was being pushed by namjoon to a clothing stand.

" just a bratty kid " namjoon mumbled as he looked around at the clothes in the stand.

The fact a kid knew magic amazed y/n, and it amazed her that namjoon was easily annoyed by her. It was enough to make her laugh.

" Here. How about this?" Namjoon said as he showed her a flowy sky blue dress with short white sleeves and a laced bottom. In its simplicity it was beautiful.

" I really like it " Y/n smiled eyeing the dress.

Namjoon smiled and looked at The saleswoman " i'll take this one " he said whilst handing her the dress and some brown ankle boots to go along with it. Y/n still looked around and noticed some different styled and colored cloaks hanging lifelessly. Seeing these cloaks brought her to think about the dark one. Why does he always wear a cloak ? What is he trying to hide? Who is namjoon?