🌹chapter 9🌹

Y/n and namjoon spent most of the night at the inn. It was pretty fun seeing all the wonderful things for sale and all the delicious food , that namjoon was oh so kindly to pay for, but it has come too late for the two and exhaustion has taken over their tired little souls.

By this time the two had regained their normal bodies and appearance and are preparing to sleep the night away Y/n sat on the single bed in the room she had to share with the dark one, and brushed her h/l h/c locks with a horse bristle brush that namjoon bought for her. Her hair bounced with every brush.

Namjoon was standing by the doorway,with his back facing the princess, removing his white blouse he wore, showing his green hued skin which brought more questions to the princesses mind

" you can sleep on the bed " namjoon said as he slipped on a fresh clean sleeping blouse and hanging a brand new coat that he too purchased at the market.

" we can share " y/n said, as she placed her brush on the table next to hr bed " it's a big enough bed for the two of us to sleep in and with space in between "

Namjoon quizzically stared at her and shrugged " very well, only since you begged me "

She flushed a red color " I did no such thing!" she exclaimed which brought a smile of amusement to the magical being's face " I'm just kidding your highness." he walked over to the other side of the bed and laid with his belly facing up and a satisfied sigh.

She stared at him in confusion. What on earth is under that cloak that would possess a man to wear it even in bed?

" are you waiting for a goodnight's kiss or is there something on my face ?" namjoon said with an irked tone.

"I'm sorry, I was just wondering" muttered the princess.

" it's too late to be wondering.go to sleep "

" can I know?"

" depends on what you want to know "

" the cloak. And your skin."

" go to sleep."

The princess furrowed her brows and laid down on the bed with her back facing him. " it's just a simple question. You don't have to be so sensitive about it. "

Shuffling was heard behind her and suddenly she was forced face up, and arms and legs pinned on the sides of her body by a certain 'man'. Her eyes were enlarged, so big that it seemed that with one gentle touch, they'd jump out the socket.Her mouth was gaped open and Dr heart seemed like it was bouncing against her ribcage like a mad man.

"n-namjoon?!" she squeaked out.

" answer me this princess. If you looked as repulsive as me would you try to hide your face ? Would you be able to survive the taunts and offensives thrown at you day after day , and night after night? Can you live with the fact that no one in this damn cursed world would shown a sliver of compassion to a face like mine?"

She was speechless. Never in her time living with him has he snapped this way. It wasn't in a tone of anger either. She sensed it to be a feeling of sadness.

He loosens his grip on her wrists and hangs his head low " that is why I wear the cloak" he whispered " because I am nothing but a cold monster "

" I refuse to believe it "

namjoon raised his head to ' look ' at the princess who just spoke. She managed to sit up and look at him with eyes filled with pure sincerity. " you're right. I don't know what things people said about you nor do I have the slightest clue in what happened to you, but I can assure you one thing".

Namjoon scoffed and faced the wall " and what pray tell is that something that you can apparently assure me that I didn't already know "

"namjoon, you may be a sarcastic asshole. " She said and he looked at her with an amused look " but a monster you are not "

" really? Just the other day I was beating a man because of pure pettiness and was about to leave a child orphaned. How am I not a monster ?" he stood up fin the bed and threw his hands out in the air.

" but you spared him. Had it been someone else in your shoes, they might have not, or they would've done something much worse." she said.

" yes well that wasn't a change of heart I was because you-" he groaned and paced the floor. " what the hell is happening to me " he said to himself, So only he could hear.

" you just haven't been shown any sign of love before. That's why you wanted me as your maid." y/n spoke out once again.

"what?" namjoon questioned.

" you were tired of feeling lonely in your large mansion and It sickened you, that's why you asked to bring me in with the excuse of wanting a helper ." she said with a hint of proudness.

" you're right....I didn't bring you because I needed maintenance in my mansion. With a snap of my fingers I could easily have my mansion cleaned spotless. " he turned around and Bent down to her level. " but the reason I brought you in was because I simply do not like your father."

Her face fell and she sighed, looking down defeated at the floor " you could've at least lied to make me feel special about it."She joked in order to raise him up from his low mood, in which it did.

A soft chuckle was heard coming from him and he rested his hand on her head and ruffled her freshly brushed hair " you're special either way " he said heading over and laying on the bed.

" really?!" she asked with sparkles in her eyes " you think so?"

" a special kind of stupid " he said with a snort "and dense " he added.

"Hey!" she exclaimed placing two hands on her hips " Why must you always insult me?!"

He had a tiny smile but feigned snoring to get the princess to leave him alone to rest.

" fine then be that way" she muttered angrily and punched her pillow to even it out and laid in the bed with an angry expression.

She started to think of what he previously said and in the tone he said it in as well and felt pity for him, and her face started to soften and her anger soon vanished

" goodnight namjoon"

" goodnight y/n."