×four×

brynn's pov

"I'm pretty sure Carson at least will recognize me," I tell Jayden, "We talked on Thursday."

"YOU DID??" Jayden all but screams, almost dropping her hairpin. "Why didn't you tell me?"

I shrug and turn to the mirror. "I guess I didn't think it was important. How do I look?"

I'm obviously not wearing my glasses, and I curled my hair. A two piece black mesh dress and strappy black heels complete the look. Jayden takes a picture for me, and I post it on my main account.

 Jayden takes a picture for me, and I post it on my main account

@brynnrumfallo

Headed to the Rock Your Hair concert! Hope to see you there 😘

Jayden finally finished her makeup and hair. She looks adorable, with her hair in a professional bun, a maroon leather jacket with black skinny jeans, and black ankle boots.

 She looks adorable, with her hair in a professional bun, a maroon leather jacket with black skinny jeans, and black ankle boots

Mom pokes her head into my room. "Ready, girls?"

×××

"Jayden, we're just going to drop you off and look for parking. You go to your soundcheck." Mom pulls the car over to the curb and parks it temporarily.

Unbuckling herself, Jayden smiles and opens the car door. "Thanks, Mrs. Rumfallo."

After she gets out, Mom drives around the corner. "I wish you were a backup dancer or you were doing a dance here. Then we'd have VIP parking. LA parking is impossible."

I laugh. "Me too. Maybe next year, who knows?"

Finally, after what seems like FOREVER, we find a parking space a couple blocks away. By the time we reach the Avalon, the concert is about to start, so I don't have a chance to talk to Jayden or meet any of her friends beforehand. I still haven't seen Carson or Hayden, but I'm assuming they're all backstage rehearsing. Mom and I fight our way through the crowds of screaming fans, and get our lanyards. I got invited to the concert, so I get a backstage, Pink Carpet, and front row seating pass. 

But because we're so late, the concert is just starting, so Mom finds a seat in the back and I fight my way up to the front, near the stage.

I see Jayden standing backstage, waiting, and she waves eagerly to me. Then she nudges Annie, and Annie waves to me too. I wave back.

The concert starts, fun and exciting. One of Hayden and Carson's friends, Christian, starts the concert with one of his original songs, Helicopter, after Annie's sister, Hayley, and some other kid welcome everyone. 

I'm having a ton of fun, and the energy around me is super high. The fan's aren't too crazy, but I'm definitely not much of a "fangirl". Christian came up to where I was clumped with a bunch of other girls and was touching all their hands as usual, and I just kind of stood there awkwardly. Whoops.

carson's pov

Hayley and Rush step back out onto the stage, and the crowd screams for them. Jack, one of the stagehands, checks my microphone and asks if I'm ready. I nod.

"Wasn't that amazing? I just love it when Brooke sings." The crowd laughs, and Rush smirks. "I guess I'm just biased...but..."

"Aaaanyways," Hayley cuts back in. "Our next performer is pretty much my older brother."

I smile. Hayley's basically the younger sister I never had.

"Nervous?"

Turning around, I see Annie standing there. "Oh, no. I'm a pro at this by now." I wink at her, and turn back towards the stage as Hayley says, "Let's welcome to the stage CARSON LUEDERS!"

As I start walking out, the fans screaming, I hear Annie call, "Go get 'em!"

The music starts, and I start with one of my all time favorite songs, Feels Good. It's an upbeat song, and it's super fun to perform. Scanning the crowd, I see the house is packed tonight. I sweep my eyes across the mass of teens, until I stop on a girl in the front.

She's gorgeous. She almost takes my breath away, except I can't stop singing or everyone will notice. I've seen other pretty girls at my concerts before, but I've never seen one who's struck me like this. As I advance into the chorus of my song, I edge nearer to that side of the stage and lean down to touch the fans' hands. The girl looks slightly confused and a little scared, but she reaches out her hand and touches mine. The next thing I notice is that she looks vaguely familiar. I can't place where, but I feel like I've seen her somewhere. Probably at another concert. Nah, couldn't be. I would've been struck by her the last time I saw her too.

There's no time to dwell on that, because I don't want to risk forgetting my lyrics and have to stop singing. That would be embarrassing.

I keep looking at her the rest of the song, and she smiles at me once.

It's silly of me to be having a "crush" on a fan. I never thought I would be one to be caught up so much by one...

...but then again, life is full of mysteries.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

a/n: who's da girl? lol y'all know who it is this story is waaaaayyy too cliche wHoOps