Just a Dare

Chapter One~My Story

Hi, I'm Andrea Cruse and I'm the Dare Queen. I'm always up for a dare. I used to be anyways. That is until one dare, costed me my life. Here's my story.

****************************6 months ago*************************************

"Mom!! It was JUST a dare!" I yelled at my mom after she had scolded me over a silly dare.

 "Andie, you don't have to do all the dares your friends tell you to." She replied.

  "Did you seriously just say that? Mom, I'm the dare queen...I'm supposed to do what they tell me to!" I said back.

 "Okay, if you were dared to jump off a bridge, would you?" She asked.

   "Already did." I replied proudly.

"No. More. Dares." She said back to me as she pointed her finger at me as she walked out of the room.

   Like she's going to stop me from playing 'I dare you'. She's pathetic.  After I finished my thoughts and went to get an apple I heard the door bell.

 "I GOT IT!!!" I loudly screamed as I went to the door.

  When I opened it, I saw my best friends; Ariana, Maria, and Chelsea.

   "Hey!!" They all said in unison.

  "Hey, why are you guys here?"

   "We're having a sleepover at my house," Ariana said, "You should come over."

  "Totally! We're playing 'I dare you'!!! EEEKKKK!!" Maria shrieked.

"Awesome! I'll ask!" I quickly ran upstairs and asked my mom.

  "Only, if you don't do dares." She said sternly.

    "Yes mom.." I said as I rolled my eyes.

    I ran to my bedroom and packed everything I would need for tonight and ran downstairs.

   "Let's go!" I said as I ran to Ariana's car.

When we were about two minutes away from her house I broke the silence that was in the air the whole car ride.

  "Don't we usually play 'I dare you' at Chelsea's?" I asked.

   "Yeah, but the "brat" is having her friends over." She said in an annoyed voice, referring to her sister.

We all ran inside and up to Ariana's room, which she actually cleaned. Ariana and Chelsea were in a band called 'Riding Fire', they were pretty hardcore. Ariana was the bass player and Chelsea was the lead singer. Kyle, Chelsea's boyfriend was the guitarist, I don't really know the drummer.

   "ANDIE!!" Maria screamed as she waved her hand in my face.

  "Oh sorry.." I said embarrassed that I wasn't paying attention.

   "Let the games begin.." Ariana said.

*****************************************************************************

After about an hour, we had all done some pretty crazy things; Ariana sent a naked picture to her crush, Chelsea took 5 straight shots of whiskey, Maria made out with Ariana's brother, (who enjoyed it a lot), and I had to make out with Ariana's brother, too. If I must say so myself, I really did enjoy it.

  Now it was the last dare. Everyone else had to dare me to do something. We did this with everyone else, but they chickened out.

  As they all huddled up, I was looking at my self in the mirror.

   I was interupted by Chelsea's voice, "We're ready!"

   "Okay, whatcha got?" I asked in ease, not worried at all by what they were going to say.

  "We dare you..." Chelsea said. "To jump off of the old train bridge!"

    "Guys, I've done this before. It's not scary, at all!" I said.

   "You didn't let me finish." Chelsea went on. "You have to jump off the old train bridge, not by the park. By the bar."

  I quickly answered back with a smirk on my face. "Alright."

  Since we weren't at Chelsea's house, we had to drive about a 20 minute drive from Harrisville, to Adena. After we walked through the forest and made it to the old train bridge, I prepared myself for what I thought was going to be a huge adrenaline rush. After they kept nagging me to jump, from the ground, I finally did. The air felt amazing. As I felt myself go down into the water, I noticed that it was FREEZING. I didn't care. I was going to be out of here in a minute. As I tried to swim up, I noticed my pants were stuck on a rock. So I pulled them off. I've never jumped here before so I didn't know how the currents were. Appearently they were bad, but I've done this before so I'm sure I could pull myself out. After a couple of seconds of struggling I started to panic. I got up for air a couple times but the current kept pulling me under. I heard the rest of my friends screaming my name. I tried as much as I could but the current won. I gave up, knowing I was going to die. I stopped struggling and died.