Movin On In

You see in my defense my life was good in Texas I had a long-lasting relationship with my boyfriend Tom, I had good grades, and also was graduating this year I was going to be a valedictorian but you know my grandmother died we packed our stuff up look after her place the comes to find out we're staying because no my mom is now the sole owner of the house. So, I broke up with Tom, said my goodbyes, and also graduated without doing my award-winning speech about being gay and black in high school. So, now I sit in my new room looking at schools around here so I can help my mom out with this place.

"Why couldn't I just stay in Texas," I said in frustration throwing my phone on my bed. I laid on my bed arms out and stared at the ceiling as I stated I thought that I saw a spider crawling towards an opening that leads to the attic. The slider was white with red specks which made me curious about where it's going well yea obviously the attic but its actual destination.

I got up slowly, went to my door, and opened it. I walked out of my room to the stairs that lead to the attic and by the time I reached the door, it was unlocked. I slowly opened the door which caused a creaking sound that you can hear throughout the house. I continued to open it and saw the whole attic all that was there was a book that looked very old which had three hands on it. I opened the book and a wave of energy hit me as if I was electrocuted.

The pages started to flutter which made me close the book and start to breathe heavily. Then the next thing you know I saw shadows everywhere which made me freak out and they freaked out and slowly I began to catch on that I had some type of control over them

"Give me the pillow" I order and one shadow grabbed the pillow and gave it to me which made me freak out even more.

"Now you know, "My mom said in the doorway. She looked at me with sadness." I thought it would take you forever to find the spider" she said as the white spider crawled on her shoulder.

"What do you mean," I asked which made the shadows scratch their nonexistent heads.

"You are a shadow man one of the three spiritual ones the other two are your brothers," She said with confidence. I looked at her for a while and then laughed.

"Either you're high you had two other kids before me," I said still laughing with my shadows as if they weren't the least of my problems.

"You're right I did have them before you the older one was born three minutes before you and the middle was born two minutes before you their names are Tyler Mason and Paris Thomas you were separated due to my mother's fear that you three were going to be afraid of the powers you might get," She said with some sadness in her tone.

"Obviously, I'm not scared," I said pointing to the many shadows around me." You could've told me I would've known you were telling the truth and about those brothers, why aren't they here?" I asked opening the book once again.

"They will son come butt, for now, you will have to train so that you can be strong enough to fight the evils that roam this town," she said putting her hand on my shoulder.

"I'm ready," I said and she nodded and for the next four years we trained but that ended  due to a horrific accident

Four Years Later

"Mom, I'm back from the groceries store they didn't have grounded garlic so I got the whole thing," I said looking in the bag, and when I didn't hear her snarky remark about the amount of work it would take to cut it ourselves I became war so I walked up the stairs to see if she was in the attic. When I got to the attic door it looked like it was busted open. I ran in to see my mom's lifeless body hanging by a string. I quickly grabbed the knife and cut her down, her body fell on top of mine and I tried CPR but nothing worked. I began to cry streams of tears which made the shadows feel sad too. When I got up to call an ambulance, I saw a note in the book that was bold 'find them and that when I knew it was time. 

A few days later the funeral happened and I shed a few tears. I was working hard on finding my brothers which weren't easy but then became easy when I remember I had shadows that could travel anywhere so I told them to go find them and I found them. They were already on their own so I sent them an invite to see a 'party' which was easy because they responded that they would love to come. So tomorrow is when we reunite and become the powerful three I guess.