Part 1

Osamu Dazai's P.O.V.
Mafia Vehicle 8:00 p.m.

"Why are we doing this?" Chūya grumbled
"Boss' orders," I replied.
My midget partner, Chūya and I were on our way to the Bellamorpha Girls' High School to locate Violet Snicket. Of course you have no idea who she is or why we're trying to find her but she was important to the Shore and Port Mafia (Shore Mafia being our American Branch). She was important as it was the wish of her late mother, Kit Snicket, one of the Shore Mafia's executives & by far one of Shore Mafia's most respected executives. Despite the incredible number of missions she completed there was a personal mission she never did complete, finding Violet. Her dream was to have Violet be part of the Mafia, to raise her in the way of the Mafia. She never did state WHICH Mafia and a child like her would be quite the asset to any organisation for ability users. It's said her ability, 'What an Unfortunate Event' was quite powerful and was activated by her feelings so far. The first time being: someone attempted to kidnap her she began throwing tantrums then small flaming appendages wrapped around her captor's wrists burning them before he had a chance to escape undetected. It's said the person continued their kidnap attempts and was unfortunately successful.
This tale is what roused our suspicions she was behind the fire at the Bellamorpha Girls' High School 2 days ago which left 2 girls dead. Now the reason we really believed this was because officials couldn't come to natural conclusions to the fire even with the aid of their fancy tech. To add another piece of evidence the girls were shown to have dark marks left around their waists and elbows as if bound. The appendages. Earlier that day an older Mafioso Jeff Kinney, went to the school to case the joint, (a phrase meaning to scope out the area so we have an idea of its layout) He disguised himself as a detective to get a hold of a roll book for each class. The problem: There was no Violet Snicket on any roll. The only way we could prove it was Violet was breaking and entering the office where they held student data. In order to do this successfully. We couldn't set off any alarms so our guards (who we had drug and impersonate the real ones) would shut off the electricity.
We also had a signal just to be sure it was our guards. We would throw a flash bomb and they would give us a low whistle and at 8:05 they would call to inform us that they had switched off the electricity. I looked at the clock on the radio, it read 8:03. Taking a glance at my partner I saw him choosing our lemon bombs which were manufactured by Motojiro Kaiji, the Port Mafia's bomb fanatic. He put 3 of the flash bombs in his pocket and held out 3 more for me. I put the other 3 in my pocket also.
Our phones rang at exactly 8:05. We gave them our location which was 15 minutes away from the school. Shortly after we hung up. After quarter on an hour we arrived at the base of the hill. The school sat atop the hill but was camouflaged by buildings and trees on the street. We stopped at the back entrance in front an abandoned gas station. After jumping out the vehicle, roll books in hand, we went half-way up the hill. I pulled a bomb out of my pocket and threw it northwest of the guard booth. We both crouched low the second the bomb left my grasp. The guard came outside and whistled softly. With a slight nod we sprinted up the hill

Bellamorpha Girls' High School 8:20 p.m.

On our way to the office we passed the scorched form 3 block. It was ominous, like a black hole waiting to swallow us into oblivion. I wondered what the school's male counterpart looked like. I should be going to such an institution but instead I got my education at the Port Mafia just like Chūya. It was almost as if we were born into the Mafia. We've been there since we were kids nothing hurt more than being unable to socialise but I mean it is pretty fun committing murder and assassination.
My little reflection ended after we got into the dark office lobby. To our left there was a glass door leading into the office. "For the Tainted Sorrow," Chūya murmured activating his ability.
I'll assume he was densitising gravity as the glass seemed to tremble then shatter leaving a gaping wooden doorway. We stepped inside then we went into the back room by picking the lock. Turning on our flashlights we eventually spotted several filing cabinets, labelled by class We would just leaf through the form 3 files. Chūya focused his light on the cabinet as I picked open the locks for all the drawers. First I looked at the files of 3B. With a sigh I moved onto the 3G drawer. Still no luck. "Third time's a charm" I mumbled as I slid open 3H's cabinet. I went half way through the drawer. My fingers trembled in anticipation. "Snickek?" I repeated the name of a girl.
It was so close to Snicket. Although I sieved through all the files of the drawer there was no Snicket. There was just one more chance. I yanked open the final drawer and ran through the files, still no Violet or Snicket. I looked at Chūya for advice. "There's another way," he began, "the footage."
I shut the drawer as both of us searched the room for the camera footage from the form 3 classes. Nowhere to be found. Chūya was on his phone already asking his guard where the class footage was. I heard him hum a few responses then say that we'd be there. He put away the phone and began walking out the room. I followed him to an area beside the cafeteria. "Take out your tranquiliser," he whispered taking out his.
I did the same. 1... we took a step near to the door. 2... I put my hand on the door knob. 3! I opened the door. And Chūya shot the man sitting in the center of the cramped room before he had a chance to see us. He looked up at the different corners of the room with his flashlight,presumably looking for cameras "None," he noted before taking out his phone again, "turn on the lights," he said into the phone.
The computers came on. We checked the footage of the form 3 classes on September 21st at 3 p.m. All except 3H's footage showed smoke pouring into the classroom before greedy, orange tongues of fire rushed in. 3H's footage was of 3 girls. It appeared that 2 girls, one with caramel brown hair and blue eyes and 1 with auburn hair and green eyes, appeared to be confronting another girl with black hair whose back faced the camera.
"Bess you haven't helped at all-" the girl with blue eyes began but Chūya paused it.
"That's all we need" he stated, "her name is Bess."
"Let's finish watching that footage first," I suggested starting it again.
"Yes I did," Bess replied curtly.
"Your piece of the written report?" The auburn girl asked.
"I have to print it but it's done"
"This is due tomorrow!" The blue eyed girl spat.
"How are we sure you aren't rushing it down tonight?"
There was no response. "Stacy really must be rubbing off on you." The auburn girl stated.
I'll make the assumption Stacy and the black haired girl weren't very good friends as she yelled no to her comment. They kept taunting and teasing her about Stacy. Soon after there was an orange glow around Bess and she yelled at the 2 girls. Two fiery appendages sprouted from her sides and bound the girls by their elbows and continued the poisonous flow of words toward them. With each statement the flames intensified. From the blood curdling screams of the 2 girls it wasn't difficult to tell they had begun burning. I had no idea if she had something against the camera or if it was natural but another appendage sprouted from her back and destroyed the camera. The school used simple tech that we'd be able to go with the tape to keep 'Bess' safe. With the tape in hand I told Chūya, "Our work in this room is done Mr. Fancy Hat."
He rolled his eyes before making another call and the lights went out again. Then we left the room. After we returned to the office's back room to retrieve Bess Keene's files. It stated as follows
Name: Bess Keene
Age: 14
Phone Number: (your number)
E-mail: N/A
Mother: Carolyn Keene
Mother's number: (your mother's number)
Adress: 1A Oak Drive, Hillview.
Referencing my phone's map I could see the address was 30 minutes away. Soon after we were back in Mafia vehicle with the necessary information on our way to 1A Oak Drive... on our way to a brand new page, a chapter where we would take the stage...