Chapter 7

"Hi..."Erik stood, once again at Colleens front door, except this time she thought he looked even more handsome. The pink and orange of the early morning sun made his awkward smile look amazing and his messy mop of hair seemed perfect. And, once again she felt her necklace burn against her chest.

"Come in!" Colleen said, before leading him through to sit down. Erik noticed how beautiful she looked, her morning curls bounced on her shoulders, perfectly catching the sun. Her chocolate eyes gleamed, framed by long, dark eyelashes, free from mascara. Even without make-up her face was breathtaking. Suddenly he started to feel his face burning redder and redder, and quickly tried to think of something else.

"So" Colleen said, watching eriks face glow pink, "We need to talk"

"Yeahh" replied Erik, unsure of what he was supposed to say next.

"About last night" she exhaled.  "It wasn't you. It's just I got upset about things"

"What things?" He asked.

"Well, I recently got a divorce" She replied.

"Colleen I'm so sorry" he leaned forward and wrapped his arms round her.

"It's okay" she smiled and rested her head on his chest. "But you didn't know? It's all over the internet"

"What's the Internet?" Erik joked. He hated being on the internet, he hated the people on the internet. The literal opposite of Colleen, yet somehow they were still soulmates.

"I love you" she whispered under her breath.

"Huh?" He knew what she said, but he wanted to hear it again. Those words sounded beautiful coming out of her mouth. Or maybe he just wanted reassurance that he heard her right, and he wasn't imagining things.

"I said I think you're really funny" Colleen smiled at him. Oh. Maybe he did imagine it. He shrugged at her before gently grabbing her face between his hands. He tucked strands of her hair behind her ears and looked into her eyes. She stared back into his.

Suddenly, Colleen put her hand down eriks shirt. At first he was surprised but then he was calmed by the soft brushing of her small hands on his chest. She grabbed his necklace. It was burning hot. Oh my god she thought. They remained in eye contact as she pulled it out of his shirt. They both paused for a minute before Erik reached down Colleens sweatshirt, one hand still delicately cupping her face. He felt her necklace as it burned against his hand. Slowly, he pulled it out, both of their eyes looked down, as they watched him slot the puzzle pieces together. Suddenly, they glowed a bright pink as they connected and the whole room lit up. Squinting, they both shrank back a little however, not very far as their necklace charms remained together.

"Woah" Colleen said. All of a sudden, Erik grabbed Colleens face again and rested his forehead against hers.

"I love you" he whispered.

"I love you too" she hardly managed to say, as he brushed his lips against hers. She felt like she was walking on air. His mouth was softer and warmer than she expected. They pulled away yet were restricted by their necklaces, so went back in for more. Their lips were meant for each other. Their necklace charms were meant for each other. Their hearts were meant for each other. They were meant for each other.

And they fit together like jigsaw pieces.