Urban Dictionary

According to Urban Dictionary, a web address with little clarification for the true meaning of phrases and words, "You're joking, right?" is a phrase that is used to communicate to those around you that you are adumbass. I have never enjoyed reading the personifications of the site, but for once, it makes sense to my knowledge. My father is a total and complete dumbass, and I will explain to you why.

       I was in my room, casually reading The Fault In Our Stars for quite possibly the 800th time in a row, when I hear a knock at my mahogany door. "Tamirin, sweetheart?" I rolled my eyes at my father's voice. "Enter, and Dad, honestly, the earliest mentions of the pet name "sweetheart" started in the 1800's, next time you come to arouse me, please use something with a more modernized quality." I could hear his expensive Italian shoes against my hardwood floor. My, because it was in my room, of my possesion. He sat at the edge of my bed by my bed. He motioned my mother inside, she sat on my bed next to him. "Cheri, petit amour, we have something of high importance to confide with you about." I flopped over to my bum and sat in an upright position.  "Did, you just say darling in two different form of French?" I asked my mother while raising an eyebrow. She blushed and looked over to my father.

He took a unfathomable breath and continued to speak. “You know I work very gruelingly to give our family a happy and sustainable lifestyle.  So, recently I got a job offering, and I have decided to grab my chance. Tamirin, nul-” I rolled my eyes. “If you need to simplify the existence of something to me, please don’t use the Dutch form of love is this context.” He nodded and proceeded, ”Tamirin, we’re moving.” I shrugged. “Where to? Is it London? Andrew McEvoy is a world-leading Consultant Neurosurgeon at The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery and Institute of Neurology in London, am I correct?”  Mother nodded and sighed.

“Tami, we are not moving to London.  Your Father will be working at University of Southern California Medical Center with Doctor Nina Zasorin.” I got off of my bed slowly my heart pounding. “S-Southern California? Mother, thats in Los Angeles!” My parents nodded excitedly. “Yes! You will be going to school in California! Isn’t that just eminent!” I shook my head in exuberant shock. “Far from eminent! More like disturbing! I can’t believe you would do this to me?! I’m on the honor roll here!” Mother sighed. “We know, but this is an opportunity your Father simply could not pass up. Please understand that this will make our lives even richer and defining than before.” I sighed. I was still appalled, but there was nothing I could do. I was moving to America, with a bunch of American brats.

I now fully comprehend that not only my Father is a dumbass, but my Mother as well. No longer was I going to be Tamirin Quint, Private Honor Roll Student of  Cheshire Academy, but I was going to be some random student from a lazy public school in California. Eminent? Far from it.