Part 10: Tony

Peter's Pov

(Y/n) and I walked together. It was really nice. She smiled a lot. She gets even prettier when she smiles.

When I'm alone, I get in an alley to put my suit on. Mr.Stark wants to meet me at the Avengers Tower which is kind of stressing me. Maybe he thinks I'm not good enough? Let's not stress too much, it's useless.

I figured that I might as well get to the tower by web. It's faster than walking and I can do something if I see anything suspicious.

I start swinging from building to building above all the traffic. I notice Happy talking to someone in his car, which is weird. He never answers my texts, so I can't imagine him talking to an actual person.

I would like to see the person he is having a conversation with but I'm already late so I accelerate my swinging.

If I had stood just a little longer, I would have seen (y/n) starring at me with a fascinated look in her eyes.

.
.
.
.
.

I arrive at the tower a little late. I don't know where I'm supposed to go so I walk up to the receptionist.

« Excuse me »

She looks at me like it's normal to have guys wearing blue and red superhero suits talking to her.

« How can I help you ? »

« I'm supposed to meet Mr.Stark. »

« Yes, take this elevator and go to the sixty seventh floor. »She says showing me an elevator in the back of the lobby.

« Thank you »

She doesn't answer and starts looking down at her computer. I walk to the elevator and follow her instructions. When the doors open, I see Mr.Stark sitting in a large sofa.

« You're late. » Is the first thing he tells me.

« I know, I was busy » Walking a girl home.

« So, you know someone called (y/n). Correct ? »

« Yes, why ? »

God, why would Tony Stark talk to me about her ? I hope she's not in trouble.

« I need you to always have an eye on her. Keep her safe. »

« Don't worry, I already do. Why ? »

« Because I said so. You can go now. »

« That's it ? »

« Oh, no. If you ever let her get hurt or hurt her, you'll be a dead kid. »

« I didn't intend on doing so sir. »

« Good. »

I start going downstairs. What the hell had just happened ? Tony Stark had just told me to protect the girl who happens to be my crush without telling me why ?

I already intended on protecting her. When I saw her that night, seeing these men and thinking about what they could do made me so angry... The real question being what interest did he have in keeping her safe ?

I was lost in my thoughts when I got out of the building. However, I saw a flash of (h/c) hair going in an elevator. Could it be (y/n) ?

I quickly erased that thought of my head. She didn't have any reason that I could think of to be here. Mr.Stark probably just wanted me to make sure she's safe because he learned about what almost happened to her yesterday. It's unlikely but possible.

I start patrolling around the city. The night is starting to fall and the view is stunning.

-
-
-
-
-

Tony's Pov

I know that I'm not supposed to, but I really want Peter and (y/n) to be good friends. They are both good kids who went through rough stuff.

When I mentionned (y/n), Peter's expression changed. There was curiosity in his eyes. It's normal, he had no way to guess that I would talk about her.

What did astonish me was the protectiveness that I saw in his eyes. He seemed to want to protect (y/n) a lot. It's great. It means that they are becoming good friends. They really deserve to have a friend like each other.

Happy birthday to the man without who this story would have definitely not existed ! It's weird that he's 22, my boyfriends growing up ! Anyways, I apologise about this chapter being shorter. I promise that the next ones will be more interesting and hopefully longer. Don't forget to vote if you liked it !

Nancy Drew