Thick : Prologue

Just wanted to tell ya, I am occasionally switching the povs but this and others might just be Nova's Pov.

Nova's and Sanna's Favorite Song

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nova danced around her living room as she held her daughter, Sanna, hand.

"Yes, boo!" She said, as she let go of Sanna's hand as she danced around. "C'mon baby, do this." She told her child, as she did the New Freezer head dance as Sanna copied her actions as she was on beat too.

Sanna laughed, "Mama!", she yelled as the doorbell rung. Nova went over to the door, fixing her shorts as she flung the townhouse door open.

She looked up at the fine ass man who was in front of her, "Sorry. Is the music too loud?" She asked, putting her hand on her hip as she shifted her weight on her right leg.

D'sean, the fine ass man, looked down at her with a small smirk as his eyes wandered her frame. "Nah, shawty, chu' gucci. I'm yo new neighbor, just wanted to get cha' name, baybeh." He told her which called her to smile.

"My name is-," She was interrupted by her daughter yelling, "MOMMY!" as she ran to her. She picked her up, kissing her cheek.

"Why wo leuve?" Sanna asked. She looked at the man and hid in her mom's shoulder.

"My name is Nova and this is Sanna." She introduced. "Sorry baby, someone was at the door." She told her child, rubbing her back.

He nodded, "D'Sean, hey baybehguh'." He said, looking at Sanna. Sanna mumbled a small 'hi'. "She should meet my nephew." He said, Nova nodded.

"I'll get outcha hair then," He said before he watched Nova grab her keys, going to the mailbox. He bit his lip, "Damn." He said. She laughed, "You looking at my ass?" She asked.

He smirked, "Maybe, why?"

"You can look but not touch." She said smartly.

"Oh forreal? Bet." He challenged as she turned around before he slapped the shit outta her ass which caused her to gasp.

She turned around sharply, looking at the his smirked face. She narrowed her eyes, rubbing the spot he hit, still holding Sanna who has fallen asleep.

"Lata', thickems." He said, nicknaming her as he walked off. Shaking her head, she entered her townhouse, locking the door.

~

Nova fixed her hair as she rubbed her lips together from the lipstick she had recently placed on

She picked up Sanna as she fixed her hair and clothes.

She slipped on her heels as she grabbed Sanna's bag, throwing it over her shoulder as she grabbed Sanna's hand

She opened her door, turning around, locking it behind them.

"Hey baybeh." D'sean said, looking at Nova. "Hey." She said, as she hugged him, wrapping her arms around his neck as he grabbed her waist, as they swayed a bit before pulling back.

"Mama, hungry." Sanna said. Nova opened her bookbag, grabbing apple slices, opening them, handing them to her.

Sanna munched on the apples, as she watched something on her mom's iphone 8+ as D'sean and Nova's conversation continued.

D'sean licked his lips, "When you gone let me take you out, ma?" He asked her.

"Wheneva chu ask." She said, mocking his accent.

"Ight then, how bout this friday at the beach." He asked her, "Sure."

"Alrighty, see ya then." She said, as she was about to walk away. He grabbed her arm, hugging her again, this time he gripped her ass. She gasped. Her face flushed red as she pulled back.

He winked at her before licking his lips, walking away.

"God, this man is gonna be the death of me. C'mon Sanna." She grabbed her daughters bag, walking behind her daughter as she ran in front of her.

~

Nova sighed as she was stuck in her office, before her boss called to his office.

Fixing her skirt, she went on the elevator to the 8th floor, before walking to his office.

She knocked, "Come In." A familiar voice said, she opened the door.

"Ah, Ms. Melgrid! Come meet my oldest son, D'sean!" He said, as D'Sean smirked.

And that's how we met.

~~

Hey Guys, This is chapter one not a long one but hey, a bitch is busy.

Lates
Ally 🌚