02.

[two]

"Hello!" a woman opens the door at the new house as greets us. The house is a very large Victorian house, and is painted with red and tan colors. It looks like a place you could get lost in if you explored too much. She opens the door for us and we walk in. "Welcome to the new house!" her dirty blonde hair is pinned up in a tight bun, she looks about in her fifties, and is wearing a black business dress. The room we walk into appears to be the living room, has wooden floors and the same color painted walls. There is a black and white sofa with a flat screen television across from it. "You're the Chains family, right?" she asks, pointing to us.

"Yes." my mother says.

"That's an interesting last name, what are your names?"

"I'm Marina, he's Alexander, and that's Alice." she says, placing her hand on my shoulder. I walk away from her, towards a picture on the wall of a landscape.

When she notices I looked at the picture, she says, "That was the old owner's, you can take it down if you don't like it."

"Have fun!" the woman says, and I hear the door shut. There is a golden chandelier hanging above a wooden table with a white tablecloth on it. There are wooden cabinets and marble counters. Most of the house seems to be wooden. My mom walks into the kitchen and looks around.

"I'm gonna go look upstairs. Can I pick my room?" I ask.

"Depends." my dad walks in and throws the keys onto the counter near a microwave.

I run up the wooden steps and look down the long hallways. I look through the rooms, each one bigger than the last. I get to the final one and look around; it's huge. The walls are painted blank white and has wooden floors. There's a closet on the left side of the room, and I open it. Not only was the room big, but so was the closet. I walk in and spin around, admiring all of the space. I step out and saw a large window with a window seat. My heart drops to the floor and I could barely breathe from fear. A boy was sitting there, gazing out of the window, as if he didn't even know I was in the room.

"Who are you!?" I shout, barely getting the words out, for I was terrified.

He turns to look at me for a moment, and I stare at him. His brown hair is done in a quiff, and his brown eyes look very bright in the lighting. He has a sharp jawline and I admire his facial features. The boy is wearing a white tee and black skinny jeans with some black Vans. Then, he looks back out the window, ignoring my question.

"Hello?!" I yell again.

He mumbles something under his breath.

"What?!"

"You're quite loud and annoying." he says, not moving his focus on whatever is out the window.

"You're the one in our house! Get out!" I shout.

"Why?" he asks.

"Because this isn't your house!"

"Yes it is."

"What are you talking about?"

"I used to live here."

"Well, you don't anymore."

"Okay." he says, not caring about anything I was saying.

"Get out, before I call the police."

"They won't kick me out. And besides, your mom's fine with me here." he finally turns back to look at me.

"What?"

"Call her up."

"Why?"

"I'm going to prove to you I'm nothing to worry about."

"Mom!" I shout, and soon after, I hear footsteps coming up the stairs.

She walks into the room, "Alice?"

He stares at her, "Hey Mrs. Chains."

"Mom, please tell him to get out, he won't listen to me."

She opens her mouth to speak, but then changes her mind to say something else, "Why? It's just Cameron?" and leaves the room.

I sit there, confused out of my mind. "What'd you do? How'd you get her to let you-"

"I have ways." he says, laying down in the window seat, looking up at the ceiling.

"Well if you're staying here, can you at least not be in my room?"

"No."

"Ugh." I groan.

Cameron looks out the window once again, as if none of this had happened. I barely know the guy so I'd like to stay as far away from him as possible. I slip out of the room and run down the stairs.

"Dad, can I have the room on the left?" I ask

"Of course. I fell in love with the room on the far right, did you see the view? Amazing!" he exclaims.

I nod my head, "I'm gonna go outside and explore the city."

"Okay, have fun!" he says, and I go out the door.

***

Los Angeles was a big city. I had been walking around for hours and I've barely seen anything. There was a girl I met, and she was absolutely gorgeous. Her name was Hannah, she has blonde hair and green eyes. She introduced me to her friends, which were Zoe, Hailey and Adrian. They all gave me their phone numbers, and I gave them mine. I probably shouldn't trust them, but they seemed nice, and who else would I be friends with?

When I got to the new house, my phone vibrated. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw a new message from Hannah.

Hannah: there's a party at zoe's this weekend, come.

I text back,

Me: okay

Hannah: and make sure to come over before it, i'll help you pick out an outfit

Me: ok, see you then

"Who's that?" a voice that annoyed me asks. I look up from my phone and see Cameron, leaning against the banister of the stairs.

"A girl I met." I roll my eyes.

"What's her name?"

"Hannah."

"Give me more than that, there's a million Hannahs in this city!"

"Hannah Taylor."

He raises his eyebrows at me, "So you're with them?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Nothing, just if you can't stand seeing me in your house, you're gonna hate doing things with them, they're in the same crowd."

"Well, Cameron, I'll do my best."

"Try as hard as you want, Hannah and I dated a while back. She's still not over me." he says cockily, rolling his shoulders back.

"Congrats." I respond sarcastically, and slowly clap for him.

"What's your problem with me?" he asks.

"Hmm... I don't know, maybe it's the fact you're just living with us randomly?" I state obviously.

"Well guess what," he says, pinning me up against the wall, "I won't be leaving any time soon, so don't be so bitchy about it."

I groan, pushing him off of me. "Maybe I wouldn't be so bitchy if you weren't so cocky and ignorant."

"I'm the ignorant one?" he laughs, "Okay princess." and walks away.