The first 15 minutes

Chapter 2

Seriously, what have i been doing all this time?

I shut my eyes, tightly, and took a deep breath. Why?

It was 5th period, maths class, and my class had a maths exam. I was frustrated, i could literally punch every single thing that comes in my sight. I couldnt help but think about what had happened with Marc. I shook my head and carried on trying to solve the math problem, but kept getting interrupted by stupid thoughts. Ugh, get out.

What a great day. I had a 30 minute detention after this. What next? Tsh. The bell rang. "Okay class, pack your bags and you may go." The teacher yelled. Melissa stood next to me "Don't stress, i'll wait for you. But you better let me come to yours after, okay?" She gave me one of her sly winks. Exhaling deeply, i replied. "Okay."

I walked in to the classroom where Mrs Bitch sat at her desk. Just kidding, her name is actually Ms Fuse. She gave me a hand gesture which indicated "go find a place somewhere" and continued to look through her folders. How did she even notice me? I let out a discreet sarcastic laugh through gritted teeth. Nevertheless, i couldn't disobey my teacher.

I searched for a comfortable spot at the back of the classroom. Surprisingly, there was only one person in detention besides me. And that person was Maria Dos Santos. She was sitting there filing her nails and chewing gum looking like some Barbie doll. Literally every single crush of mine had previously dated her.

4:40

Okay, 10 minutes have passed, 35 minutes left. I desperately snuck out my phone and googled "Things to do when you're bored in detention"

4:45

Great, i was expecting that to take me more than 5 minutes at least.

There was a knock at the door. Ms Fuse nodded her head while still looking down at her work. There was another knock. Followed by another. "Oh my god, come in." She yelled and rolled her eyes. A young boy stood at the door. About 15.. Yeah, my age.