Part 2

A cheeky smile had appeared on Xiao Xingchen's lips. His arm pulled Song Lan's body closer to his.

If Song Lan were normal, he would blush due to the close proximity. However, he wasn't exactly 'alive' or even 'normal'. Although he couldn't blush, the black veins decorating his neck pulsated slightly, every second becoming more prominent and faster.

"Much better, don't you think so?" Xiao Xingchen grinned, "Zichen?"

Song Lan's body trembled as his finger couldn't finish whatever he wanted to say.

"I don't get what you're saying...," Xiao Xingchen whispered near Song Lan. The arm around Song Lan's shoulders moved down to Song Lan's torso as Xiao Xingchen pulled Song Lan even closer to himself.

The hand in Song Lan's grip moved upwards and lightly touched the black veins.

"Your heart is beating really fast...," Xiao Xingchen muttered, "is it because you're really close to me?"

Song Lan was a little baffled.

"Zichen, tell me, what do you feel of me?"

Song Lan's finger was shaking, to be exact, his whole body was shaking. Because of this, he couldn't write anything Xiao Xingchen could understand.

"If you can't tell me...," Song Lan could see the slightly pink area on the bandages...where Xiao Xingchen's eyes once were, "show me."

Song Lan wanted to cry, but he couldn't cry like a normal person. He couldn't turn back to how he was before, after all.

He raised one of his cold hands to the side of Xiao Xingchen's face, stroking the bandages in that area. He felt guilty, for everything he had done to his best friend...

If he could still be considered his best friend.

He pulled Xiao Xingchen into a hug, the latter's arms halted mid-air, before hugging Song Lan back. Song Lan's shoulders were shaking badly, as quiet sobs excaped his lips.

"Zichen?"

'I want to show you, but I don't want to lose you,'

A warm hand brought his face upwards, showing Xiao Xingchen's bright smile. Song Lan touched his eyes.

These eyes were Xingchen's.

"Don't feel bad," Xiao Xingchen's hand wiped the nonexistent tears from Song Lan's face.

Suddenly, a pair of warm lips was pressed onto his own, shocking him.