Chapter Two

I was in the car, all the way in the back seat. My brother and dad were arguing over some stupid football player. I was looking out the window around the beautiful views as we were driving. I love road trips, just then my mom jolted the car, we all went flying forward. "MOM!" we all yelled in complete panic thinking we got into a car wreck. "Im sorry! Theres a place we can stop to eat!" I was in relief, we had been traveling for hours! I was starving. We all got out of the car and went inside, my mom ordered our food and then we all went outside to eat. The views from here were amazing!

About a half hour later, we were all back in the car. We had been driving for hours! When were we ever going to get there? We just had passed the "Welcome to Arizona" sign when I literally, screamed to my mom to stop the car. She pulled over and started yelling at me, well, my whole family was. I ignored them, I ran as fast as I could to the box i had seen. It was covered in blankets and up above me were hawks circling around it.

I slowly removed the blankets, What could or would ever be inside this box? Heavens knows what! My mouth dropped open, a baby sloth laid inside of the box. It was the cutest thing in the entire world! He looked so afraid! The papers for the keeping of this sloth were in the box, everything! except for who owned it. My parents were standing by the car, "What is that thing?" they yelled.

I slowly lifted the sloth up, "OLIVIA! PUT THAT THING DOWN!" my mother yelled, "Mom its fine! He's abandoned! The papers in everything are in here unsigned, somebody had him but didn't want him!"

"Theres probably a reason they didnt!" My dad walked over, he looked in the box, and he found a note.

Dear human,

Well, i see you have found Travis.

We didn't want or need him, so you see we left him here.

His papers are in the box, all you you have to do is sign them and he's all yours!

He is the last one of his kind. Extremely rare, If you however try to sell or leave him here, bad luck will only come your way, once he finds someone he likes, he's forever attached to them. He will only eat lemons. So congratulations, you have a knew pet!

sincerely,

A circus crew.