Abandoned

WARNING: Descriptions of panic attacks 

Bob

I awoke to silence and the dim light of my lamp next to my bed. I smiled to myself, remembering the events that happened between me and Cracker, which now that I think harder about it, it felt slightly uncomfortable to think about. Did I guilt trip her into making love to me? Is it even normal?

I stared at the wall and frowned. A sudden slam made me jump out of my skin in shock. I sighed; it was probably cracker accidentally slamming doors again. 

But it was pure silence?

I never heard footsteps after the door closed. Did she leave the house? Or is she simply sneaking?

I groaned, not being bothered to get out of bed, my legs hurt and my back ached. I simply closed my eyes and tried to drift off, but there was always something in my mind telling me to go check on her. I rolled out of bed and huffed, I walked over to my door and opened it slowly, noticing from across the stairway that Cracker's door was closed. I walked quietly over and gently pushed it open, not hearing any breathing or movement. I swallowed and felt my heart sink; she was gone.

"Miz!?" I yelled, turning around and rushing down the stairs. I looked in the kitchen but she wasn't there, I looked in the living room but she wasn't there. I felt my heart in my ears.

She wouldn't leave at dark! Where is she? She wouldn't leave without telling me!

I fell to my knees and held my hand on my chest, trying to breathe. 

"CRACKER!?" I screamed, hearing no reply. I gasped and I collapsed to the floor.

Calm down!

I can't breathe!

I dug my nails into the carpet, clawing at it in an attempt to calm myself. 

Cracker!

I couldn't stop thinking of all the horrible things that could have happened to her. If she did leave, she might be lost, she could be killed, she might be kidnapped or being tortured and I'm not there to help her. Vulgar and horrific images flooded my mind, I couldn't think of any positives because if she left she would have told me or called me by now. I felt my vision fade, oxygen was leaving my lungs and wasn't being restored. Everything just faded to black and I was drowned out in fear and pain of the thought of losing my own daughter.