Kapitel 38: Separate Soul

"Hey, watch with what you're doing, blondie!"

Shouted Mark as he jumped backward avoiding a swung of sword which came out of nowhere which was being held by Tenma. He had his hair turned into blonde in sudden as he abruptly attacking Mark. A pair of tense gray orbs were glaring indignantly at Mark which causing him flinched a bit.

"Get out of here, Mark Evans!" Said Tenma trying to hold his wrath, gave his sword in an alert state ready to embark at the time Mark made an offensive move.

Mark chuckled, "this is interesting.." He ended up laughing out loud by covering his face with one of his hand, "like you can send me out of here, blondie head.." His tone was threatening.

Tenma pointed his sword at Mark, but Endou held Tenma's hand. He shook his head slowly, signaling him not to go any further.

"Endou-san, what's this about?" Tenma couldn't comprehend the situation, but no words came out from Endou's mouth.

"Stay back, Tenma!" Exclaimed Kyousuke.

"Eh? You too Tsurugi?" Tenma confused.

It's not like Kyousuke didn't care with what Mark did to Yuuichi just now, but he felt like there's an unseen power which intimidating him intensely, Not only him, but also Endou and the twins. He could do nothing to Mark, not even a scratch on the face which made him gritted his teeth and clenched his fist tight; small mistake would dragged them in a danger. The three of them could feel an eerie atmosphere enveloping Mark completely, that they didn't even have a chance to file an inquiry about what Mark just said with the original one.

"You want to know why I'm here and what I want, don't you?" Mark exhaled lightly, "it's obviously..."

In a blink of an eye, Mark abruptly stabbed Endou's chest with his bare hand then pulled it out at once. For seconds, Endou felt nothing but jolted due to a sudden stab. It didn't leave any wound on his chest, not even a scratch.

"... To take this.." Said Mark by showing off a certain purplish gem stone in his hand, "So this is your Chrono Stone, huh? Nothing's special.." He sighed, "it's easy to take this out, but why they couldn't do it? What a waste.."

All the boys widened their eyes in shock. They saw Endou touching his chest with sweat flowing down on his face. Endou gradually panting hard as he's stung by a sharp pain in his chest. He squeezed it tight as he fell on his knees. The force of removing the stone from the living vessel didn't make Endou dead instantly nor switching him off, however it tortured him terribly with the unbearable pain which slowly was getting more intense. Kidou stretching out his hand towards the brunet, but he paused his move as he saw his hand was fading away. He threw his sight at the rest of the team at once and found that they're enveloped by thin light which made them disappearing slowly into the air.

"Guys!" Shouted Shirou.

"This is bad!" Atsuya gritted his teeth, "they will disappear for real.."

Mark was staring at the view in excitement, "hoo.. This stone is sure your source of life, huh?" He flipped the stone playfully, "Take your time while I'll get the other stone.." He stepped to Kyousuke, "now is your turn, wavy head.."

Tenma once again pointed his sword at Mark, yet it didn't intimidate him at all. Mark grabbed the sword tight, didn't care with the red liquid which dripping off from his hand; like he felt no pain at all. He smirked as he kicked Tenma's stomach hard, causing him to crash down.

"No one can fight me back.. I'm the absolute one.." Declared Mark as his amber eyes glowing maliciously, "the true original one has an absolute power and absolute will.." He glanced at Endou, "not like that wimpy you met, Endou Mamoru.." He chuckled, "yeah, that wimpy brownie you met is none other than a shadow.. He's your own shadow.. Don't you realize it?"

Endou didn't give any response. He kept on panting hard while Shirou, Atsuya and Kanon held him. He's too busy to think about which was right or even listened to Mark. The pain was getting worse as his whole teammates were disappearing slowly. In all sudden, Mark took a quick move to steal Kyousuke's stone, but he failed. Kyousuke was faster than him. He jumped back to avoid every attack from Mark, then as there's an opening all the Chrono Storm team marked him from every sides like trapping him in a circle. Kyousuke flinched with a sweat flowing down on his face as he staring sharply at Endou. He grabbed the stone tight in his hand.

"Are you serious?" He muttered, "just don't blame me for the consequences!"

Kyousuke dashed to Endou and he let Endou to absorb the stone as the replacement. As Endou absorbed it completely, he's jolted by a strong pound on his heart. He coughed blood once again then curled himself in Kanon's hug. Soon, Kidou and the others got back to normal; it's all thanks to the stone; yet Endou didn't get better. It's getting worsen and worsen. Blood kept flowing out from his mouth and his whole body was heating up.

"The vessel rejects the stone.." Said Kyousuke, "he's not compatible with my stone.. At this rate, he will___"

"Oh? He's dying already? That's not fun.." Said Mark with playful tone.

Kyousuke gritted his teeth, "KATORA!" He shouted, "you're the one who told me to give the stone to him, and now this is what you got! Like I said before it's not my fault!"

Katora's figure appeared before him like a hologram, "I'm so sorry Tsurugi but it's the only way to save him.. He's not compatible, indeed but it depends on his own will.. All we can do now is just waiting.." She looked at Endou worriedly.

"Geez, like I want to wait your drama.." Mark brought the purplish stone upward, "I'll try it.." He smirked.

"TCH!!" Atsuya gritted his teeth.

The stone releasing sparks like lightning which swooping all around him, causing Tenma and his friends scattered down. It's flickering shortly before blasting out a blinded bright light which wrapping the entire cave. At the same time, it's causing a huge tremor that made the entire cave collapsed.

"Let the game begin.." An echo of evil laugh was slowly drowned by the debris which burying everything in that cave.