Part 4

The same night Sanskar comes to Shomi’s room.
Sanskar: maa..I wanted to speak something important to you. Can I have some time with you?

Shomi: of course Sanskar… come in.

Sanskar sits on the couch: umm…. let’s go to the balcony??
Shomi nods and both go to the balcony.

Shomi: say.. what do you want to say?

Sanskar: ma…woh. .I wanted….I don’t know…

Shomi pats his shoulder: Sanskar come down…it’s only me you know you can share anything with me. Don’t get nervous. It’s only me.

Sanskar shows her a ring : how’s this? What you think ?

Shomi: it’s really pretty. For who is it? Shona or some one else?

Sanskar: of course ma… for Shona only why will I get for some one else?? Do you think she will like it?

Shomi: she will definitely like it. Finally m so happy that you guys are coming out from your friend zone. So when are you going to propose to her?

Sanskar: soon after this thing ends. But please don’t tell her. I want to surprise her. Tomorrow our final plan is going to get over and after that I will propose to her. What do you think she would say? Will she accept?

Shomi: why won’t she??
Sanskar: you know Laksh was her first love and it’s hard to forget…..

Shomi: Sanskar…. there’s nothing. .

Swara comes by then: what are you talking about?

Sanskar: don’t you have manners? Can’t you knock and come?

Swara: hello Mr I can come in my mom’s bedroom anytime without knocking.

Shomi: yea Sanskar… say sorry to her.
Swara smiles victoriously: say say

Sanskar: sorry. I shouldn’t have said that.

Shomi: anyways what happened? What’s in your hand?

Swara: ohh this is our gift for you… actually we got this saree for you for tomorrow’s puja but this donkey forgot to give it to you. Ma please wear it tomorrow.

Sanskar: ohh shit! I forgot about it! Actually Swara wants you to keep your feet on the ground first. So it becomes auspicious. Though I don’t believe in all this but she’s right.. wherever mom’s feet falls the place becomes auspicious itself.

Shomi smiles at them: go now sleep it’s already late.

Sanskar and Swara bid bye to her and leave from her room. Both go to the study.
****
Sanskar gets a call : yes Sahil..

Sahil: sir.. your work is done. I did as you said. I have sent you the pictures. Check them out and if you want something to be done let me know.

Sanskar: hold on! I will see.
Sanskar sees the pictures: thanks Sahil everything is good. No need to do anything else.

Sahil: sir.. actually I..

Sanskar: go on. Why are you hesitating?

Sahil: I need to take my wife to doctor day after tomorrow. Can I get a leave? Please? I will report back the following day itself sir. Please.

Sanskar: sure you can and if you need anything please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Sahil: thank you so much sir.
He cuts the call.

Sanskar: Swara your work is done. Land is all cleared. The shops have been removed from there and people are paid money apart from Goddodia’s so there’s no tension about it.