Part 6

As soon as Sanskar and shomi reached hospital they saw Sahil waiting for them outside operation theater.
Sahil: sir here… Swara ma’am is in this room. I tried to find out with doctors but none came out yet.
Sanskar: it’s okay sahil, I’ll see. Anyways thanks for everything. You may go now I’ll handle here. Your wife must be waiting for you.
Sahil: I’ll take your leave sir.

He leaves.

After a while one doctor comes out along with a nurse.
Shomi: doctor what happened to her?
Doctor: excuse me?
Shomi: I m her mother.. Swara Bose the patient inside is my daughter. What has happened to her?
Doctor: she’s your daughter and you don’t know what has happened to her?
Sanskar: stop beating around the bush. Come to the point. Answer us.
Doctor: listen we are in middle of a surgery. I will ask my assistant to give you the details. Now please excuse me.
He excuses himself and goes.

Sanskar and shomi wait there impatiently. While one nurse comes out.

Sanskar: what happened to her?? Why don’t you answer us darn it! Tell us.

Nurse: look it’s really urgent I need to go.

The head doctor comes by then: sir kindly keep your voice low. You know right it’s a hospital and it’s mid night patients are asleep and getting disturbed.

Sanskar apologies and tells her everything: look we need to know what’s wrong with her but no one’s answering us. Please tell me.

Doctor: what’s the patients name?

Sanskar: Swara Bose

Doctor: come with me.

She goes to her cabin along with shomi and Sanskar: have a seat. I know Swara didn’t tell you anything. Being a psychiatrist I had asked her to tell about her situation at home but she denied.

Shomi: what has happened to her?? We are really worried about her. She hasn’t told anything to us. Do you know about her condition?

Doctor:(tells Swara condition) look I had told her many times but she always denied saying it will give her stress I tried many times to make her understand that if she tells her stress will become less and it will be better for her but she’s really stubborn. Now our neurosurgeon is operating on her. Her surgery was scheduled for tomorrow but her situation was very critical I guess from past many days she’s really stressed and was getting worse but she ignored it. It’s very dangerous and I m sorry to say that her surviving chances are very less. We are trying are best though.

Sanskar sits there numb. Now he gets why she was speaking of death and going away. He curses himself for not knowing about her condition. He walks out from there.

Shomi understands what he was going through: Sanskar wait! Sanskar!
Runs behind him.

Sanskar goes to a corner and breaks down: it’s all my fault . .my fault I could not take care of her. I could not take care of her.

Shomi comes running behind him and sees him shattered and she too was broken from inside but she couldn’t help it but hide her emotions for the sake of Sanskar. She knew he was all broken and shattered and no one is here to help apart from her.

She sits on the floor and hugs him: shh Sanskar it’s not your fault. I should have been there to look after her. It’s not your fault.

Sanskar: no ma… It’s such a big thing and I didn’t even know about it. I never bothered to ask her about it. I should have been more protective. It’s my fault. I couldn’t even get to know what was in her mind. What kind of best friend I m? I failed as a friend. Maa i failed. If something happens to her I won’t be able to forgive myself.