15~ Imprisoned

That night was filled with tears, deepest fears, and tea. Because y'know, tea makes everything 10 times better. {IM SAYING THAT CAUSE THE KETTLE IN OUR HOUSE IS STILL PACKED AWAY AND I CANT HAVE A GODDAMNED CUPPA TEA.} Katsuki woke the next morning to witness Izuku and Mitsuki embracing together on the couch. He was confused for a solid ten seconds, before seeing the used tissues, biscuit crumbs and empty tea cups littered about the coffee table. He could imply the rest. Katsuki didn't have school today, so he'd woken up a bit later than usual, which was fine. Izuku had awoken to the soothing smell of pancakes. He carefully rubbed his tired eyes, immediately feeling that familiar numbed buzz in his fingers. "Mornin" Izuku drawled, stumbling over to the dining table and sitting down, almost falling asleep again.

Katsuki walked to the table, carefully balancing two filled plates of food in front of him. "Oi nerd, wake up." Katsuki whisper shouted as he shook Izuku's shoulders, remaining quiet as to not wake his mother. She was an absolute beast in the mornings. Izuku jolted back awake, almost face planting his food. He mumbled a small thank you before digging in to his breakfast. "So...what were you and Mum talking about last night?" Katsuki dared, carefully gauging Izuku's reaction to determine if he should push further or not. "My father." Izuku simply replied as he shoveled another mountain of pancakes into his already overflowing mouth. Katsuki was dumbstruck. "Wait...you found out about you father? Like why he left? And where he is now??" Katsuki questioned, taking a bite of his own portion of pancakes. Since Izuku had come back into their lives, Katsuki could actually stand breakfast now. Granted, he would almost throw up if it was anything over a small amount, but he was making slow progress. Izuku nodded. "Mitsu said we could visit him today, we should probably wake her up soon."

Again, Katsuki remained speechless. "We're going to meet him? After all these years? And you're not...y'know...mad?" Katsuki tired desperately to tread lightly on the topic, unsure it was actually working. "Why would I be mad?" Izuku replied, this time swallowing his pancakes before he actually spoke. Katsuki thought Izuku was just being clueless at this point. "Cause he left you and your mum!! Without any explanation apart from the fact that he couldn't bear having a disappointment as a son!!" Katsuki was close to yelling now. "I-I'm sorry I didn't mean it that way, I just meant...I don't even know anymore." Katsuki babbled out. "No it's fine, I see where you're coming from." Izuku replied, standing up and returning his plate to the sink, coming back to take Katsuki's plate with his half finished pancake still on it. They both knew Katsuki wouldn't be able to finish more than that.

"I can tell you the full story on the way over there if you'd like...but not yet...I'm still in shock." Izuku mumbled, the numbness of his body seeming to invade his voice. Katsuki was puzzled as he got ready. Izuku instructed him to wear formal clothes, as he worked on waking Mitsuki up. Katsuki couldn't tell if it was his mother picking favourites, but she was always calmer when Izuku woke her up. There was an aching in the back of his mind. As if he knew what happened, but it had been scrambled. Something was annoying him though. A little voice that insisted he should've pushed Izuku to tell him the story. It would probably be a terrible idea in the long run, but Katsuki could care less right now. He just wanted the pieces to fall back into place.

They all shuffled into the car together. Katsuki's father was at work again, so it was just the three of them. No one had told Katsuki anything about Izuku's father yet, or even where they were heading. Katsuki and Izuku were both in the back seat. Izuku started out the window, getting lost in the rhythm of the trees. Even the best character analyser couldn't see what he'd been dragged through by a glance. He always kept it so well under wraps. Katsuki wondered if Izuku even remembered what trees used to look like. Now, they were either dulled or enhanced, no in between. Mitsuki reached back to grab Izuku's hand and give it a tight squeeze. "Have you told him yet?" Mitsuki spoke fairly loud, allowing Izuku to hear her properly. Izuku softly shook his head, directing his gaze back to Katsuki.