Three

Everything dimmed in my mind as I spotted a huge comfy looking red bean bag sack. I deliberately walked slowly toward it, a goofy smile stretched on my face. I was a mere two steps away from it when a figure flashed before me and jumped onto the sack.

My eyes widened as I realized it was Rashini, the kind girl from my English class.

“Hey Nora!” she exclaimed.

“Rashini,” I whined.

She giggled. “Could you walk more tortoise-like?”

She poked her tongue at me. I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Funny,”

“Argh ok you can sit here too,” she offered reluctantly.

I laughed at her. “Nah it’s cool, I gotta find someone anyway,” I remarked, remembering Isaac.

“Oh,”

 “Do you want to join me?” I blurted out.

A grateful look appeared on her face. “Are you sure you wouldn’t mind?”

“Not at all, it is just Isaac and I, and I’m sure he is cool with you,” I supplied.

She beamed at me, shooting up and looping our arms together.

“To Isaac,” she announced.

We found the geek sitting at a window desk, between two shelves, intently eyeing a diagram of meiosis. 

“Hey there,” he said, without even turning his head to look at us.

I frowned, trying to figure out how he could see us.

“Hi Rashini,” he added, now scribbling furiously at his notepad.

I turned to Rashini, whose face showed that she was just as pleasantly weirded out as I was.

Isaac spun around in his chair to face us. “The shelves have been cleaned recently. They are very shiny,” he remarked, before swirling back to his work.

I stood for a minute before figuring out that he could see our reflections. Apparently Rashini had also realized that as we simultaneously cried out “Oh”.

“The bright bunch of the next generation,” Isaac muttered.

I rolled my eyes before taking a seat in front of him, along with Rashini. We sat silently, listening to the pencil scraping the paper.

“You can talk, you know. I happen to be an excellent multitasker,” Isaac declared, lifting his head slightly to smirk at us.

“Um…. Well this is new for me, I actually don’t know what to say,” Rashini murmured.

I smiled at her encouragingly. “Hey, it’s cool. We are kinda new to this too, yeah Isaac?”

Apparently his multitasking ability was limited as he raised his head like a deer caught in the headlights. 

“HUH?” he uttered unattractively.

Rashini and I giggled and for the remainder of break, the three of us chatted about nothing and everything, establishing like-grounds.

Soon enough break reached its end, and we all marched off to our last classes. I sighed, content with the previous events, as I made my way over to my first chemistry class.

It was a small class, about twelve students. I stepped in and headed straight for the teacher, who directed me to sit at a bench near two other kids. This class was a bit weird in the sense that nobody actually glared at me or showed me any sign of disgust. It felt relieving to not be recognized for a humiliating non-event. In fact, I was pretty sure that my classmates wouldn’t have raised an eyebrow at a fish if it had flown right into their faces.They just listened to the teacher, did their work, and BAM, no problems.