Chapter 4: You're my...what?

New chapter for you guysss hope you likee <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previously on Mindlessly Adopted

..... We walked into the house. I could tell something was wrong with Kris. Her face was twisted in pain and her pupils began to dilate. She swayed a little and I caught her arm. "You okay, Kris?" She shook her head. I let go of her, turning around to call Ms. Gamble over. "Ms.Gam-" *THUD* I whipped around to see Kris on the floor, her eyes rolling to the back of her head. She began to shake. "MS GAMBLE! COME QUICK!" I screamed, my eyes filling with tears. I shook her and she didn't respond. "SOMEONE CALL 911!" I turned around to see Ms.Gamble running to me and Mr. Milsap on the phone.

"Hello? Yes. This is Walter Milsap III....."

<Cassie's POV>

I looked over at Jasmine to see tears falling down her cheeks. I was in shock. Jasmine was always my rock, my protector, my comforter. What do you do when the person who has been holding you up most of your life can't even hold themselves up anymore? I had to be the rock this time I decided. I had to help her just like how she had helped me so many times.

I rubbed her back. "Please don't cry, Minnie..." I said, calling her my her nickname. I sat up as I saw the hospital. "We're here! It's okay, Jas. I'm sure she'll be alright." I assured. We walked into the hospital, scared and thinking of the worst.

We walked into the hospital together. Ms.Gamble ran up to the nearest nurse and began pleading. "When can I see my daughter? Whats wrong with her please please tell me shes gonna be okay!"

The nurse looked at my new adoptive mother with concerned eyes and motioned for us to all sit in the waiting room. "Ma'am whats your daughters name?" She asked. She took out her tablet with the hospital logo on the back. She began typing madly as Ms. Gamble replied.

"Kristina Faith Gamble. Shes 13 years old and shes 5'2. She is black and has hazel eyes and curly brown mid back length hair and she was wearing a- "

"Okay, Ma'am. I found her in the system. She just came in right?"

"Yes!"

"Shes in the emergency room. a nurse will come momentarily to tell you her status." She said calmly.

"Is she going to be okay?" Jas asked. Her eyes were red and puffy and her nose was stuffed. She looked miserable. I cant imagine what shes feeling inside right now.

"Im not sure." The nurse said solemnly and shuffled out of the waiting room.

Ms. Gamble turned and started to cry on Mr. Milsaps shoulder. I took Minnie in my arms and let her cry on mine, too. And thats how our night went. We waited about 2 and a half hours. About 3 different nurses came in calling other patients names. Finally one nurse came in with her clipboard and said "Kristina Gamble?" We all stood up in unison. "Thats us." Ms. Gamble said.

"What happened to her? Is my baby okay? "

"Yes, shes fine. She just has a bad case of Sickle Cell Anemia. Its a disease where her blood cells are deprived of oxygen. Shes in critical condition and it would benefit her greatly if she had a blood donation. We were wondering if you could do it, Ms.Gamble."

She looked at the woman with a disappointed face. "I wish i could, but Kristina is adopted. I dont think we would have the same blood type."

"Well, would you guys mind if i take blood samples from all of you? Maybe one of you could donate and you dont know it."