Chapter Forty Seven (Homestead-Miami)

The Hendrick jet lands in Homestead Florida just twenty minutes away from the track. Destiny takes a deep breath as they are taxied into a spot.

"This is it." She says as she gets up.

It's championship weekend. All three series will end today tomorrow and then the big day, Sunday.

Destiny gets off the plane listening to her iPhone. Dale and Jimmie follow behind. Both talking to each other. Destiny was dressed in all black. She has been upset the last few weeks since pops had pulled her sponsor before the end of the season. This would be the last race of the year so Destiny did convince him to put it on the car for one more race.

They all get into a black suburban and head to the track. The car had squeaky leather seats and a warm colored interior. Destiny had shot gun while Chase was behind her. Dale is driving and Jeff, Jimmie, and Kasey are in the back. Dale drives to the track.

After they arrive Destiny automatically heads to her coach before practice. Her head is spinning. She needs to talk to Rick about something. She also needs to worry about points. Where she finishes. And where Jimmie is at all times. The points are tight. So every pit stop, position, and move matters.

She takes a deep breath and heads out for the garages.

Kevin and DeLana watch as Keelan plays with the wheel of Kevin's #4 Budweiser Chevy.

"Vroom vroom daddy!" Keelan says.

Both Kevin and DeLana laugh. Danica comes over with Ricky beside her.

" What's up kev?" She asks.

Kevin points to his car and Danica walks over to it. As soon as she does Keelan smiles.

" Danica!" He yells.

She laughs as well. Ricky smiles.

" He's so cute." Ricky says.

Danica nods.

" very." She says.

As Destiny walks into the garage area she sees Denny Hamlin with his baby girl. Kevin with little Keelan. All she can do is smile. She walks towards her car.

"What do you mean that's how you tune these things?! Your going to kill the engine before the race is even halfway!" Destiny hears.

As she walks into the garage she sees Chris yelling at her crew.

" this is a qualifying set up. We change it after the fact." Case says.

Destiny walks in and pokes Chris on the back. He turns around surprised.

"Hey." He says while grinning.

Destiny shakes her head and gives him a look.

"Let my boys do their work." She says.

Her eyes then shift to Chad Knaus who is talking to Jimmie. His car is next to hers because of points. The hood was up and the right side is jacked up. Then there's chase's car beside Jimmies. Each team working hard. First practice starts at 12. The time now was 10:15. The down time killed Destiny. She hates it so much. The nerves were getting to her. Chris could tell as well.

" Wanna play with Christine?" Chris asks trying to keep her distracted.

Destiny looks up from her trance.

"The challenger?" She asks.

Chris nods. Destiny's grin widens and Chris leads the way.

About two hours later Destiny was finally in her car running laps. For some reason homestead was an easy track.