Chapter Eight

I put this on hold, and uploaded the rest of what I have. But I think that even if I never get back to this, it has a satisfying end, so I'm going to mark it as complete, but I may come back to it, I may not. Anyway, I feel like it's good enough and I'm bored with it...pretty much how all my stories go, huh?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Eight

          He got to go home the next day, but I was forced to go back to school. He let me take his car, surprisingly. I had my license, but didn’t drive because I didn’t own a car. I didn’t really mind, I’d always had Luke and Decklan to drive me around. We were actually looking at cars before Luke died, but I think that’s long forgotten.

          Within a week, he was back to school, and it being the weekend, he had a whole ton of homework to do. It was Saturday, thank god. I’d spent the night at his house, after what seemed like an hour of convincing my mom.

          “Mm, just sleep in,” Decklan’s sleepy voice groaned.

          “We have to get up, it’s noon,” I laughed.

          “Ugh, fine,” he sighed, and opened his eyes. I sat up and pulled my hair back into a sloppy, knotty bun. I got out of his bed, and walked to the kitchen, hearing Decklan’s footsteps right behind mine.

          “Your parents had to work, right?” I asked.

          “Yeah,” he nodded.

          We started making breakfast. And by we, I mean, Decklan. I stood with my back against the counter top, and I smacked him lightly on the ass. He turned around, and with a mischievous glint in his eyes, he kissed a trail down my cheek. When he reached my neck, he sucked on it and I let out a small moan. He seemed to take this as his cue to keep going.

          He pulled away when he was satisfied, and studied my expression. It was one of those it-happened-so-fast-it’s-a-blur moments. Next thing I know, we’re kissing, his warm lips are on mine, and he picks me up, sitting me on the counter top and standing in between my legs. I tangled my fingers in his hair, and he pulled away slightly to breathe. I trailed my lips down to his neck and sucked. If he was going to give me a love bite, then he sure as hell can have one too. He let out a sexy grunt, and I ran my tongue over the now red spot.

          “Come here,” he breathed, and brought my face up to kiss him again. He forced his tongue into my mouth, not that I really cared. Just then, the door slammed. We jumped apart, and I hopped off the counter.

          “Good morning,” his mother smiled.

          “I forgot my wallet here this morning,” she said, and picked it up off of the kitchen table.

          “You can get back to making out, now,” she smiled.

          “Oh, we weren’t—,” Decklan starts.

          “We’re not--,” I stammer.

          “Oh, don’t mind telling me otherwise, your swollen lips tell me otherwise,” she winked.

          “Your secret is safe with me,” she said on her way out the door.

          As soon as the door slammed shut behind her, Decklan pecked my lips and got back to cooking. We ate in silence. We were used to silence, but I wasn’t sure if this was the same kind of silence we were used to. I didn’t know whether to relax or be nervous.

          “Let’s just…forget that,” he mumbled and finished cooking.

          We ate, and went back into his room. We lay on his bed. I surfed the web, laughing at memes and rage comics, sharing good ones with Decklan while he did some homework.

          I sat my phone on his bedside table, and rolled over to lay next to Decklan. He lay on his stomach, his textbook in front of him. I reached out and traced the muscles in his arm gently.

          “Damn, woman, I can’t do anything with your fingers on me,” he chuckled, and rolled over on top of me, holding his weight with one arm.

          “Oh yeah?” I asked softly.

          “Yeah,” he said, his warm breath on my lips. He leant down just a little more, his lips resting on mine slightly, teasing me. I leant up, pressing my lips against his. He kissed me, and I kissed back gladly. He picked me up slightly, sliding me up a little on his bed, but his lips didn’t leave mine. I tangled my fingers in his hair. A loud thump echoed the room when he knocked the text books off of his bed.

          His tongue traced my bottom lip, and I moaned. He snuck his tongue in my mouth. I reached for the bottom of his shirt, and pulled it over his head. I threw it on the floor, and he kissed me again. My fingers danced over his bare skin, and he let out a sexy grunt. His hand rest on my hip just under my shirt, his fingers moved up just slightly, and I pulled apart from him so he could slip off my t-shirt.

          “You’re beautiful,” he breathed before crashing his lips on mine again. We kissed for a while, and then we pulled away, breathing heavily.

          “What are we?” I murmured.

          “What do you want to be?” he asked, his fingers tracing my swollen lips.

          “I don’t know. But I’m tired of us kissing and making out and pretending it didn’t happen. Because if it keeps happening then it’s not nothing,” I said.

          “Well, I like you, Vi. I like you a lot. Hell, I don’t even know. Maybe I love you. And I will do anything to keep you in my life one way or another. It’s up to you what we are.”

          “I like you too,” I managed to whisper.

          “Really?” He grinned like a kid on Christmas. I just nodded, and he kissed me. Well, maybe Luke wasn’t so nuts after all.