Confrontation

Next character is Petro "Sinister" Kingston, Adrienne's father. He resembles a character on my favorite show Riverdale. He's portrayed as Mark Consuelos. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stayed inside for the rest of the day. I spent the time in my room drawing on my sketchpad until father made his appearance. The night rose before I heard movement downstairs. Faint giggling and a deep chuckle came from the main foyer. The voices sounded like my father was home and had Charmaine with him. Technically, Charmaine is a family friend but my parents considered her a second child. Her father was my father's best friend and main business associate. When Charmaine and I were 5 years old, her father had been arrested for embezzling fraud. Her mother fled the country to hide and protect their international accounts from the FBI. That's when my parents took Charmaine in. She's been living with us ever since.

Charmaine was another Hollywood goddess. Blond bouncy hair, bright blue eyes, long tanned legs, and a figure that would make anyone go on a diet instantly. She is the perfect arm trophy. She is perfect for the dark life we lived. She has the confidence, style and trusted mind to be in this game. She's more like my father than I was. Sometimes I felt like the adopted one. Their relationship is the reason why I spent most of my life battling for my father's affection. It felt like I haven't made a dent in our relationship.

Out of curiosity, I went downstairs to join them. They were in the kitchen laughing over the latest boy toy that took Charmaine out. My mouth couldn't help but hang at Charmaine's outfit. She wore a black long tight fitted Versace dress with an extremely high leg slit and open cuts on her sides. Her new double D breasts were outstandingly on display but didn't draw too much attention away from her classic 6-inch red bottom heels. 

"Mija, what are you doing up? It's past 11." Father spoke as I entered the kitchen. Charmaine twirled around to acknowledge my presence.

"Adry-baby, you're home alone on a Friday night? Were you painting again?" Her condensing tone matched her annoyed facial expression.

"Couldn't sleep. What are you two up too?" I noticed my father and Charmaine leaning against the granite island sipping on a glass of Hennessy. 

"Just talking about one of Charmaine's endless suitors. Thought he would be a keeper. He and his father have some large shares in pharmaceutical companies." 

"Oh please, Sinister! He isn't nearly man enough to handle me."

"You need to start settling down, Charmaine. You're 22 years old. Beauty isn't going to help you forever. You need a man to take care of you, provide you with children and the luxurious lifestyle you crave so much."

"What about Adrienne? She's the same age and I don't see you hounding her about marriage!"

"Adrienne is different. Sh is the heir to my industry. She doesn't need any distractions and she is more than capable of taking care of herself. She has and can gain everything that a man can offer her."

A small smile crept to my lips. The rare moments my father complimented me made me happy but when he said it in front of the infamous Charmaine, it made it so much better.

"What about you then Sinister? When are you going to find a new queen for the throne? Must be awfully lonely. You know... my mother is still in Argentina sitting all alone protecting our assets." I hated when Charmaine discussed my father possibly moving on.

I saw my father's jaw clench in annoyance. He disliked talking about my mother. Not because she left, because he knew and understood why she left and regrets that he allowed their marriage to get to this point. 

My father can kill an entire nation without a second thought but when it comes to my mother, he is weak. They met when they were 17. Both young and crazy in love. Father told my mother that his family business was strictly legal but of course that changed over time. My mother fell in love with his passion and his possessive actions towards her. Their love was electric and still is. When mother packed her stuff and left she knew father had the power to track her down and bring her back. My father has been tracking her since she left to make sure she's been saved and happy. It's been 4 years and yet they both refuse to date again or even talk about divorce. At the end of the day, my parents are two stubborn child-like adults in love. 

"You only love once in this world and my only love lives 36 miles away. That's enough for me." With that, my father dismissed himself from the kitchen.

Charmaine glared at me for a moment before walking towards me.

"Don't feel so secure love; your father is young, gorgeous, and unbelievably rich. He won't stay with your absent mother for long."

"You think he's going to leave my mother for yours? Funny you are so quick to jump into family issues that don't involve you. Your family is behind bars or in hiding. This is my family. Don't forget that." I left Charmaine in the kitchen.

My mother did everything she could to make her feel comfortable in our home. It is amazing how quick she is to cast her away.

The weekend has been unmemorable as always. Charmaine escaped to another luxurious Yacht party date and father was working overtime to seal the Italian deal again. Even after spending time with mother at her penthouse apartment, I was left alone with no motives. 

There was a time where I thought to be at the peak of my life. Thousands of friends, a few gentlemen who fancy me, and all around parties before I settled into the family business. Yet, at the age of 22, I've only gained a few acquaintances and managed to get a date with a slightly nerdy but very sweet guy at 16. My life has been a walking irony. Considering my looks, I was the spitting image of my mother and to most, my mother is referred to a supermodel. The clear smooth caramel skin, a slightly curvy figure, black full long hair, good ass-to-breast ratio... I'm considered lucky. Still, I couldn't gain a social group or a date because of my awkward and quiet personality. I never learned how to socialize with new people, my father kept me away from anyone who isn't an associate. So making friends now has always been foreign. 

Now my social life suffers in silence because of my lack of skills.