F I V E

The man was thrown onto the ground, his head nearly missing a large rock. The man had attempted to get back up, putting his hands on the soil and pushing himself up before being knocked back down. A heavily weighted shoe, pressing down on his bruised stomach.

"what were you doing with that vermin?" the taller man had asked. The shoe, now drilling into the other man's stomach. The man on the ground, struggling to answer back, busy groaning from a large amount of pain.

"answer me now, jeongguk!" the taller had spat out. The man on the ground grinding his teeth, face contorted with agony. He groans, frightening off a few birds from the trees. The man had managed to hold onto the taller man's ankle, pushing him off, the taller stumbling on his way.

"None of your fucking business, namjoon." the man that was previously on the ground, standing on his two legs.

The injured man had thought he should've known better. jeongguk knew how there would be wolves on patrol, scouting the area, the wolves, responsible for looking out for danger that can affect the pack. Unfortunately, for jeongguk, he had been seen escorting y/n to the vampires' territory. Namjoon watching from behind a tree after hearing loud footsteps making their way through the forest.

"do you not know what could happen to you if they found out?" namjoon was furious. Finding out namjoon's younger friend was in contact with a vampire was necessarily not his daily cup of tea. Knowing the consequences wolves' were met with when breaking the treaty or even helping those from the other side, he was agitated that jeongguk was caught. 

Although he was not going to tell on him, just the fact that he had discovered jeongguk in his acts had a pit form into his stomach, troubled that someone else could have noticed them.

"you're so fucking lucky, I was the only one willing to patrol before the hunting started, and not someone else," the taller had jeered, walking past jeongguk with a shove of his shoulder.

 jeongguk watching, his retreating back.

namjoon was right. If y/n was discovered on the wolves' land, and worse, jeongguk being seen accommodating, he could have been punished. The punishment usually bearing the death of those who were wrong. not only could jeongguk have been killed but y/n as well. Guilt rushed over his body, knowing of the plan he had made with the vampire. The wolf hoped namjoon wouldn't find out about that too, hoping to spend time with the vampire.

jeongguk was never a social butterfly. Since childhood years, the wolf was always anxious to speak towards elders, and children, avoiding eye contact at most times. The man had even eaten alone when hunting was done taking place, never wanting to group up beside the rest.

jeongguk's mother was a beautiful omega who had given birth to said boy, with her mate right beside her. His mother had struggled throughout the whole pregnancy, too weak to hold herself up. The wolves didn't have the technology to help with the pregnancy, too risky to visit a human hospital. The mother wasn't capable of laboring jeongguk out, forcing her mate to rip her stomach open, freeing the crying baby.

The woman screaming in pure torture as her mate had to get the baby out, the elders gathered, watching. The woman had told her mate many times what their baby was going to be called. The man, playfully ignoring her, telling her that the baby is to be a girl, the woman, laughing in response.