four

Erica Mena

I woke up to my alarm clock and walked over to it, reached up, and turned it off. I jumped back in my bed and rolled over and got my glasses off of my night stand and wiped the lenses off with my middle school shirt and put them on. I yawned and stretched as I got up and looked inside of the full length mirror that stands in my room and taunts me everyday.

I lifted up my shirt and pulled at the pudge that stood out and never seemed to go away. I do everything in my ability. I don't eat, and I workout but nothing seems to give. One day it is going to work, one day.

I pulled my shirt back down and sighed as I sat back down on my bed. I pulled out some bleached high waisted and a crop top with a bleached vest.

I took a shower and got dressed and brushed my teeth and put on my make up. I sighed and looked at myself and put on my glasses. One day I will wear contacts I thought.

I took of my cap and brushed my hair and brushed my bang down right over my eyebrows.

Everything is wrong with me. Why can't I be perfect like the women in the magazines? Why does it take so much to have the "perfect image"?

I sat down on the couch and waited for my mom to come down and eat. I watched as she swayed down the stairs. Now she was perfect. I see why my dad knocked her up when she was eighteen.

She had the ass, thigh, boobs, and no stomach. I had everything she had it is just my stomach sat out and made everything look about equal.

I sighed as I looked into her green contacts and her burgundy bob. She was what I wanted to look like.

"Are you ready to go baby?"she said in her motherly voice

She always did that. Her personality didn't fit her look at all. And for some reason, it still shocked me to this day.

"Yeah mama."I said and looked at her once more.

This is a day of life for me.

We went to the Sunoco store and I jumped out. I went to the back and grabbed me a Gatorade, and differently I grabbed me some Skittles. I deserve me a break. I went to the front and grabbed my cheetah print wallet and got out a five dollar.

"Three fifty three."he said. I handed him the five dollar bill and collected my change and went back into the car.

I looked at my mom and watched as she pumped the gas and got back in the car.

She started the car and pulled out. She looked me over and scrunched her eyebrows.

"Erica baby can I ask you a question?"she said to me in a weird voice.

I shifted in my seat as a response to my uncomfortable feeling. I nodded my head and looked out the window while side eyeing her.

"Why haven't you been eating lately?"she said looking to me and then back to the road again.

I sat there and thought.