Chapter IV: THE LION WHO CRIED WOLF ONE LAST TIME

SOLACE POV

"Try this one."

"Doesn't fit!"

"How about this?"

"Na-uhh. Isn't working."

"This one kinda looks like it'll fit."

"You've been saying the exact same thing for a while now, and see--- doesn't fit."

"Well, sorry that I'm not helping at all!"

I wiped the sweat off my forehead as I rolled my eyes over Philo and Braelin who's fighting over which key fits in this auditorium door.

There's like a less than a thousand keys all mixed up together and the President's speech would be over before we even find the right one.

"The people of my council are all good people. I was blessed to even have them in my team."

Braelin couldn't keep herself in check anymore. As soon as she heard the President say that as it was broadcast all over the hallway through the speakers, her tears fell.

"See? Even in everyone says she's a demon, that she's so strict, that she's always mad all the time, there is goodness in our President, in our Queen. That's the reason we're here! Why we even joined here to be a part of the Council."

Even Philo was getting all emotional too.

He patted both mine and Braelin's shoulder as he said, "So, it's time we return the favor for her this time around. We've been under her care for so long. Let's help her in this mess. She isn't alone."

I smiled at the both of them, and continued looking for the right key in this heap of it.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
FIRENZE POV

Took her long enough. I wonder when she'd finally step down from her position. Now I know, she isn't really that stubborn. Glad she finally chose the right decision.

For the meanwhile, I'll wait around here at the rooftop for when she finally says it coming from her mouth: that she is unfit for the role, and that she's giving it to me.

Then, I can finally say, revenge has been served.

I hope my brother can finally admit that I did a better job compared to him.

All this to quench my thirst.

Speaking of thirst, the soda I told them to buy for me hasn't arrived yet. It's taking them forever! Just what are those guys capable of doing without messing it up---

A soda just popped out from my side.

"Finally! What were you doing, making me wait for an hour?!"

I took it from his hand without looking behind me.

"Seriously, you guys can't even get one job do---"

He popped his hand on my side.

The hell? It was as if he wanted me to pay him for the soda.

"You want me to cut your hand of---"

"That cost me 20 pesos, though."

I almost dropped the soda when I heard his voice. I slowly turned around, and saw him.

"W-Who are you?! H-How did you get here?!"

Who is this guy?! What's his deal?! And, wait!