Chapter III: THE ROYAL RESCUE

This chapter is dedicated to @candidlyYours for being such a supportive friend in this comeback of mine to write again! Love lots, kaasan!

**************

AURELLIA POV

I felt something touch my lips: firm but soft, slowly leading my mouth to open it up. Gently, no rush.

Suddenly, water came flowing down my throat. I could feel the thirst as I began to gulp the liquid down.

My mind was still in a confused dazed, my eyes shut close. Once again, I fell out of consciousness.

For what felt like a while, I tried to open my eyes, and I could feel remnants of drowsiness surging back again, but I needed to wake up fully.

I was greeted by the sky, the sun about to set any minutes from now. Something soft supports the back of my head, almost like someone's lap.

"Hope you had a good rest."

Axellius' face popped up from above me, and then it hit me. I was lying down on the ground, my head on his lap.

I bolted right up, sitting in front of him.

"What..."

I was still confused. I still couldn't remember well what happened before this.

"You fell asleep." I looked at him. I wasn't the least bit convinced.

My eyes landed on a tumblr, placed right beside him. What's that doing there?

I felt a trickle of water come down at the side of my cheeks, coming from my lips.

Crap! Seriously?! Is this drool?

I immediately turned my back to Axellius and discreetly wiped it off. I just hope he didn't see that!

I looked back at him, trying to figure out what just happened.

"Isn't it about time you told me what happened to you?"

What does that mean?

"Is there something that I should be telling you?"

He heaved a sigh as he rests his head on the tree behind him.

"The fact that I saw you passed out here in the garden."

I couldn't hide the shock as it showed on my eyes. Crap.

Now, I remember. I went out here to take a short break, and the next thing I knew, I lost consciousness.

I looked back at the tumbler. I remember the bottle of water that Firenze gave me. Was that...?

No, I can't assume things. Not when I have no proof that he did that.

I can't tell this guy over here about this issue that's going on with my life.

My credibility as the School President will plummet if he knew I can't even handle this kind of a minor situation on my own.

"W-What? Well... The term there isn't really 'passed out.' I was taking a short nap!" I rolled my eyes, hoping that could cover up my made-up excuse. I've never been good at lying.

He was still looking at me, intensely, as if looking for a gap. I looked away and stood up from the ground. It was so sudden that I forgot that my body was still heavy.