One

"Hey, I heard we have a detective coming from the 11th precinct," Bret exclaimed. "Also heard she's hot man!"

"Stop it, bro. We still have a murder to solve and if you --- would excuse me," James said suddenly looking at a different direction. "Hello! Welcome to the 11th precinct, Detective ----," he was waiting for her answer but she just went directly to her desk as if he was a ghost.

"That's the first time a girl did that to you. How does it feel bro?" Bret teased.

"Shut up!" he said as he walked towards her desk still not giving up.

But even before he could open his mouth...

"Are you always like this? Hitting on female detectives or just hitting on every damn woman you see? Huh? What? Aren't you gonna say something? By the way, I'm Detective Lustre and if you have nothing else to say, you still have a murder to solve, right?"

"I'm Detective Reid," he managed to say but somewhat a little frightened. He was going to go for a handshake but she just glared at him. "Okay, I see. No handshakes. No small talk. I'm just going to go back to my desk to solve a really cool case."

"Someone's dead, Reid. It's not cool," she said.

"You're not cool,'' he whispered.

"What?"

"Oh no, nothing. I said we good. Ba-bye now."

-----

Inside the breakroom, Bret was busy on his sandwich when James came in.

"Sup! How was she? Did you already get her number? Where are you gonna take her?"

"She's already mad at me and I'm not even doing anything yet. She's different."

"Different good or bad?"

"Different scary and sexy," he smiled.

"Woah woah woah woah woah! I know that look. If I were you, I'll just let her be for a while, work on my big cases, and show how good a detective I am. Or you could just move on, bro," Bret laughed.

"I will not give up okay. Not on this one. You'll see. I'll have her in a week. Are you even listening to me, Jackson?"

"Oh good lord, this sandwich is so good. Yep, I'm listening. I just don't think you can do it. She looks tough, man."

He looked at her from the glass window inside the breakroom and stared for a few seconds. She was wearing a red leather jacket with black buttoned long sleeves tucked in a pair of jeans. He was busy thinking of a plan to make her go out with him when he realized that she was already gone.

"Where is she?" he told himself as he scanned the precinct but there were no signs of her. "Detective Ballada, have you in any chance saw ---"

"Detective Lustre?"

"Wait, how did you know?"

"You've been staring at her the moment she got here. You gotta chill a little bro."

"Am I that obvious?"

"Definitely not. I just think she caught you staring at her and left because you're a little creepy and a pervert. And for your information, she went to that direction."

"Oh, the evidence room. Thanks, man!"

"You're welcome! But be careful. Looks like she bites," Jude joked.

"Haha! You're funny. But yes, I'll be careful," he nodded because he did think she was capable of doing that, not in a sexy way, but in a brutal one.

He entered the evidence room and walked through the aisles. He was on his way to the last aisle when someone grabbed his shoulders and pinned him against the wall, putting a hand on his mouth.

"Are you following me?" she whispered in his ears, her warm breath slightly tickling him.

"No," he tried to say.

She removed her hands from his mouth and he turned his body so that they were facing each other.

"I was just going through some old case files to see if it has something to do with our perp which I discovered that ----"

Her mouth captured his and James was in deep shock. With his body stiff and his eyes wide open, she pulled away from the kiss.

"If you had answered yes, you could have gotten a lot more than that," she said, walking away and leaving the room with James still unable to move.

"What the fuck just happened? Is it just me? Am I imagining things now?" he told himself.

-----

"You won't believe what happened!"

"What? That better be good. I'm busy right now," Bret said.

"She kissed me," he whispered.

"Who kissed you?"

James pointed his lips to Nadine's direction.

"What the hell, man? Are you on drugs or something? Did you get enough sleep?" he stood up, softly and repeatedly slapping James' face.

"I'm not kidding, bro. She pinned me against the wall and kissed me hard."

"You're my friend and my partner but what you said felt like it came straight from your imagination."

Bret returned to his seat and continued with the paperworks.

"Okay, watch," he said, approaching Nadine's table.

Bret carefully looked at what was about to happen.

"Hey!" said James, but she didn't bother to look. "About the kiss uhm---"

"What kiss?" she finally replied.

"You kissed me earlier in the evidence room."

"I can't remember," she said, returning to her computer.

"It was like a few seconds ago and you can't remember? Okay, I know what you're doing. You're trying to embarass me. Well, lucky you, you can't take me down that easily," he pointed his index finger at her but still no response so he just walked away.

"Yes?" Bret mockingly asked.

"Don't pretend you didn't hear everything. Trust me. It did happened. Ughhh!"

"If you said so."

He looked at her once again before settling on his seat with a deep sigh.

"That woman. You'll see," he whispered to himself.

-----

Let me know in the comments if this story is worth continuing haha. Thanks for reading!