Two

Living in an apartment building a few blocks away from the precinct, James' life revolved around his job and some girls he flirts with when he's off-duty. He never takes them home. They would either do it in the girl's place or in a nearby motel. He never had a serious relationship since his fiancé was murdered while he was on the hunt of a big-time drug dealer. They threatened to kill his loved ones but he chose to do his job. Until now, he was still blaming himself for what happened, that was why as much as possible he was refraining from having people being too close to him, even his family. His parents are separated and already have their respective families. He's Mr. Independent and didn't want anyone else's opinion when it comes to making decisions in his life. It was a normal Friday evening when he arrived his apartment until ---

"Oh god! What are you doing here? How did you know where I live? How did you get in?" he almost jumped, his breathing fast.

"Rule number one, no questions," she stood from the couch, closed the door, and pinned him against the wall, AGAIN.

"But --- "

He was not able to say a thing when her lips met his. Deepening the kiss, his hands roamed her back while hers were wrapped around his neck, closening their gaps even further. She jumped with James automatically holding both of her thighs that were now straddled on his hips. She pulled away, both of them panting and gasping for air.

"Rule number two, no one can know about this," she said while holding the hem of his shirt before pulling it up.

Although thinking this was crazy, he sat on the couch, their tongue fighting dominance over the other. One by one, he unbuttoned her blouse. He planted soft kisses on the sensitive spots of her neck, making her moan.

"Ahhhh...."

It was music to his ears. His hands cupped one of his breasts that were still covered by her bra. His hands found its way on her back and unclasped the only thing that's keeping him from seeing her beauty. He was already feeling the pain from his hardening cock inside his jeans. Just in time, her hands held his chest, down to his abs, tracing the hair of his abdomen up to the button of his pants. Holding her butt, he stood up and walked on his way to the bedroom when suddenly, someone knocked on his door.

"Fuck!" James' frustration in his voice.

He brought her down and picked up his shirt to put it on.

"Wait for me in the bedroom," he said.

-----

"What are you doing here, Jackson?" he asked in a tone obviously annoyed.

"We're going to go for a drink, right? Because we solved the case, remember?"

"Oh, right. Uhhm can we postpone it and have it tomorrow night instead? I'm just tired."

"What about I'll buy alcohol and we drink it here?"

"No!"

"Woah! Chill bro. What's going on with you?"

"Just leave, okay."

"Okay okay. You don't have to be an ass. I'll leave now."

When he returned to the bedroom, she was gone. He checked the bathroom and the kitchen but she was not there anymore. He noticed the sliding glass door from the balcony slightly opened.

"Fire exit," he sighed.

He saw a small piece of paper on the bed-side table. It says, "Rule number three, we'll only talk at work if it's case-related."

James was so confused. They haven't agreed on anything yet or have a real conversation. Just a series of intimate encounters which he admitted to himself makes him feel all sorts, emotionally and physically. He didn't know anything about her aside from being transferred from another precinct. He reached for his phone and googled "Detective Lustre."

"Nadine... what a lovely name," he whispered.

She brought down numerous drug syndicates and even solved murders of huge names, but there was no other information about her. He wondered how come he didn't hear her name back then.

---

When he entered the precinct, he automatically looked for her but didn't see her. He was about to sit on his desk chair when the captain and Nadine got out of his office.

"Oh Reid. Great, you're already here. I was just talking to Lustre regarding the case that both of you will be working on. You will be her temporary partner from now on. Jackson will be assigned to Ballada. Are you okay with that?" James tried to control the smile forming on his lips.

"Yes, Captain! I'm very much willing to be Detective Lustre's partner."

His eyes turned to her serious face. Still, he couldn't figure her out. She rolled her eyes and returned to her desk. James immediately followed.

"So..."

"Return to your desk, Reid."

"This is case-related," James emphasizing the words "case-related" with a smile plastered on his face. "We'll be catching bad guys and ---"

"Of course we'll be catching bad guys," she interrupted, her tone irritated.

He just looked at her for a few seconds.

"She already kissed me twice. How come she can still be this cold?" he said in his mind.

"What?" she asked, clearly annoyed.

"Her eyes and lips are so beautiful," he thought. "Nothing... so what case are we working on?"

She opened a folder and brought out a photo of a guy.

"That's Philip Romero, murderer and drug-dealer. Police are trying to find him for five years now but the guy is good at hiding. His transactions are untraceable. Recently, he killed Leroy Sanchez, one of his business partners, in an abandoned warehouse. Romero's blood was also found in the place so it looks like that they both fired shots at each other. CCTV footage shows a gray Ford Escape fleeing the crime scene."

"Looks like he used the car to "escape," he joked. "Let me guess. The car has no plate number. And there's a little chance we're going to find him."

"Someone tipped the precinct that there will be a big transaction next week. We have to wait until then. But for now, let's talk to his family, take a chance that they'll talk."

"Oh god. She is sexy smart," he thought again. "Okay, let me grab my keys and go there right away!"

"We'll use mine," she stood up. "Let's go."

---

"You didn't tell me we're riding a motorcycle!"

"What, you scared, Detective Reid?" she whispered in his ears.

"Of course not! What I'm saying is you could have given me a heads up --"

"I'm leaving with or without you, you know that?"

"Okay, okay."

When the engine started, he gripped hard to the back of the motorcycle, screaming when she suddenly drove fast. He thought he heard her chuckle.

---

Hello guys! Hope you're enjoying reading this. I am bored and I thought of writing after watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine, which I love 💕😂

Follow me on twitter @thirstyjadine

Thank you!