Chapter One

*Welcome, lovelies! I'm so happy you've chosen to stick with this series and begun to read the second book. I hope you love these characters as much as I do. I love you all so much!
P.S. Important questions like what happened to Aiden will be answered in this book, just not in the first chapter, but it is coming!*

 Important questions like what happened to Aiden will be answered in this book, just not in the first chapter, but it is coming!*

•Callie•

"Hey, hot stuff." The man standing in front of the hot pink neon lighted counter says to me, a flirtatious grin on his oily face.

I drive away the negative thoughts of what I'd actually like to say to him and put on my biggest smile, preparing to kick my voice pitch up a couple of notches. "Well, hey there! How's it going? What's brought you out to the Diamond Lounge tonight? It is a nice night, tonight. Perfect weather. After you leave here you should take a walk in this lovely weather we're having here in beautiful Las Vegas! Oh, you just have to go and-"

His half-assed attempt at trying to get into my pants falters when I continue to ramble with no end in sight, and he stops me with his palm, his lip curling up in disgust.

I halt my words, puckering my lips to withhold a victorious smile and look at him, my eyes large and crazed - something that adds to my unique 'charm' that sends potential suitors packing.

"Never mind." I take his money in my outstretched hand and he scurries off into the main room where the dancing takes place, not even bothering to get his change back.

I laugh quietly to myself at his terrified expression.

This happens more often than one would think.

Guys hit on me, I show them my personality, and they disappear faster than a one night stand who just found out he's going to be a father.

Usually, my perkiness sends them on their way, but on the off chance they still want a taste of the goods, I am forced to break out the crazy eyes along with how I'm incredibly ready to get married and have babies (even though that's the furthest thing from my mind these days).

That's never failed to scatter a crowd of wanton men.

The only man - that's not my brother - who doesn't get freaked out by me and my... different outlook on life is him.

Gray fricking Peters.

Also known as the only man who I've ever loved, and we've barely even shared more than a few words with one another since I first met him last year.

I'm obsessed; borderline crazy for the man who is six years my senior. The type of crazy that invokes screams from fan girls when they see the movie star they've idolized for years.

Yeah, that kind of crazy.

I can't help it. My teenage hormones fire off like rockets into space when he's near... speaking of which...